PO: Newmoon - Space 12" LP (FFO: Shoegaze, Dreampop, Nothing)

20 minutes ago, aron4174 said:

Just got an email from Indiemerch asking me to update the payment info on the Black/White, so I assume those are shipping out. Also really glad they reached out to get new payment info instead of just cancelling on me.

I've had mine since Friday. I think they started shipping Wednesday.

11 hours ago, Derek™ said:

This sounds closer to how I wanted Tired of Tomorrow to sound – less cheesy riffs or forced bits, and more of a focus on cohesive atmosphere.  Into it.

Don't think I've ever agreed  with you more, and we usually agree a lot.

This record is beautiful.

So not only does this avoid a few of the (minor) qualms I have with ToT – which is still an album I can enjoy, don't get me wrong – but what it does right, it really does right.  You ever listen to chord progressions or vocal melodies and feel like your brain wants to "fill them in" with an appealing direction, only to have the songs take completely random turns and embrace a weird tangent?  That never happens for the entire duration of this album and I love it.  I don't know if I'm making sense, but this record sounds what it feels like to scratch a really good itch.  The structure and melodies are really doing it for me.  Earlier I texted a friend that it feels like the best parts of Guilty of Everything, but strung out across an entire album.  I don't want to jump the gun after listening for just a few days, but I think this may be my sleeper-nomination for shoegaze AOTY, unless I've spaced on something.

29 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

So not only does this avoid a few of the (minor) qualms I have with ToT – which is still an album I can enjoy, don't get me wrong – but what it does right, it really does right.  You ever listen to chord progressions or vocal melodies and feel like your brain wants to "fill them in" with an appealing direction, only to have the songs take completely random turns and embrace a weird tangent?  That never happens for the entire duration of this album and I love it.  I don't know if I'm making sense, but this record sounds what it feels like to scratch a really good itch.  The structure and melodies are really doing it for me.  Earlier I texted a friend that it feels like the best parts of Guilty of Everything, but strung out across an entire album.  I don't want to jump the gun after listening for just a few days, but I think this may be my sleeper-nomination for shoegaze AOTY, unless I've spaced on something.

I know the feeling you described and agree so far. I need some more time with this though.

36 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I know the feeling you described and agree so far. I need some more time with this though.

Glad someone gets it.  To be fair I haven't kept up with every release in the shoegaze thread, this year.  But unless we can count Alcest's dreamy Kodama, this is a last-second 'gaze highlight in my books.  We'll see how it holds up.

saw them play in Groningen, NL yesterday night. Getting home at 5 in the morning after a total of 6hrs driving was definitely worth it though! :)

According to their drummer it was their first time playing the new songs live, and it was probably my second favorite show this year (after Julien Baker). They even had the European pre-order pressing /100 with them at the merch table, 80 of which had been allocated for the pre-order with the rest being held back for sale on this tour. If I'm not mistaken all remaining copies of that pressing were sold yesterday, but they should still have the white variant. Anyway if you are living halfway close to any place they are playing, go! :) 

15 minutes ago, poweredbytrust said:

saw them play in Groningen, NL yesterday night. Getting home at 5 in the morning after a total of 6hrs driving was definitely worth it though! :)

According to their drummer it was their first time playing the new songs live, and it was probably my second favorite show this year (after Julien Baker). They even had the European pre-order pressing /100 with them at the merch table, 80 of which had been allocated for the pre-order with the rest being held back for sale on this tour. If I'm not mistaken all remaining copies of that pressing were sold yesterday, but they should still have the white variant. Anyway if you are living halfway close to any place they are playing, go! :) 

for how much are they selling the record on tour? going to see them on tuesday in Berlin

18 minutes ago, poweredbytrust said:

double post

Edited by putol

• 2 months later...