The STRANGER THINGS (Netflix) Thread

Just now, freedumb said:

Will be interesting how much the Barnes & Noble Variant differs from these two.  I think most of the white in the hot topic one seems to be light-glare?

I believe the B&N variant will wind up looking like the clear/black smoke Indie version, but with a translucent red base color instead of clear. The waffle and forest variants for Vol. 2 will likely follow the same aesthetic, too. I think I'm most curious to see the VMP variant (which looks to be similar to the FatBeats dep. tank Vol. 2 variant).

:wacko:

This release has been such a cluster#$%@, now that these are actually showing up I... thought I'd be more excited. All just sorta feels like noise until the box is announced.

Updates from Invada regarding a delay in their pressings for Vol. 1, and they've now confirmed the box won't come until next year.

We had contact from the pressing plant at the beginning of the week, and unfortunately we have been informed that there is a delay on all vinyl variants of volume 1. This has been something we have spent the last 48 hours trying to rectify, but the pressing plant have informed us that the manufacturing will be pushed back, and we are anticipating getting stock at our offices around November 11th.

We can only apologise for this delay, but this is completely out of our control. We will begin shipping records the minute we have them in stock, or we can offer a full refund to anybody who does not want to wait until they are in stock around November 11th.

On a separate note, we are getting a lot of questions regarding represses on volume 1 vinyl variants due to customers missing out. Just so everybody understands,  we are keeping both variants in print, and there is currently a repress on order for the Invada Mail Order Exclusive variant of volume 1 which will go on sale again as soon as they are in stock.  

In regard to volume 2 vinyl, we are actually ahead of schedule on our pressing time for that, and as it stands, the release date will remain on December 2nd. Concerning Stranger Things Vol. 1 and Vol 2 CD, Vol.1 is out now and Vol. 2 will be out on 4th November.

Finally, we are being inundated in queries about the proposed Stranger Things box set release. We have stated on social media that, at this moment in time, we are under contract to release volumes 1 and 2 as individual releases prior to any planning of a box set release. There are no specific details, nor will anything be announced about the box set until both vinyl volumes have been released. We are keeping both volumes of the vinyl in print and available as long as there is demand. The box set will 100% not be manufactured or released in 2016.

1 minute ago, jai pool said:

i wonder if the box set will be similar to the Narcos and Mr robot box sets, if it is then i don't think its worth the wait.

What box sets? Both Narcos and Invada had Invada bundles, where they shaved a few bucks off the price since you were buying both volumes/variants. Stranger Things will be an actual box set, likely with different variants and artwork.