The STRANGER THINGS (Netflix) Thread

This release is so "vinyl bubble". I saw a couple colored (non-black) variants at a local record store in Chicago and the prices were ridiculous. But then that place puts a ridiculous premium on everything they stock that is even remotely rare and/or even semi-popular.

I enjoyed the series and the score so I would probably get this but only if I found a black copy at a really reasonable price. That said, I find the price in the picture ($23.99) to be fairly reasonable for a 2XLP. Its amazing how much shops are milking the "uniqueness" of the colored variants.

Edited by mcpherson123

16 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

This release is so "vinyl bubble". I saw a couple colored (non-black) variants at a local record store in Chicago and the prices were ridiculous. But then that place puts a ridiculous premium on everything they stock that is even remotely rare and/or even semi-popular.

I enjoyed the series and the score so I would probably get this but only if I found a black copy at a really reasonable price. That said, I find the price in the picture ($23.99) to be fairly reasonable for a 2XLP. Its amazing how much shops are milking the "uniqueness" of the colored variants.

Shuga or Dave's?? Haha

Agreed. I love Dave's because he has an awesome collection in his store. I've found so many hard to find records there at his normally slightly inflated prices. He usually doesn't care if something is collectible unless it's a Beatles or Elvis record. Haha.

In all honesty the people at SHUGA are the most personable folks in any record store I've ever been too.  I love giving them my money if it's only a few bucks over what I think I should pay. 

Ok, I'm off topic. sorry dudes. 

6 hours ago, MrSneis said:

Still waiting anything resembling subjective sound quality assessment.

I can't be for certain but it looks like not pressed at GZ or Rainbo, so maybe United?

Instead of waiting, why don't you go to the store and buy yourself a copy. Then we can all read your analphile sound quality assessment. The record sounds great. It tickled my ears like a soft unicorn with rainbows flying out of its ass.

12 hours ago, abovetheearth said:

that same middle/smoke/clear is $35 at my store. fn assholes. 

That's fucked up. I haven't picked up my reserved copy but I'm hoping it's not more than $25. One local place here had the smoke variant for $32 and the black for $21 :( luckily I NEVER preorder there, always wait for their sales. 

17 hours ago, MrSneis said:

Still waiting anything resembling subjective sound quality assessment.

I can't be for certain but it looks like not pressed at GZ or Rainbo, so maybe United?

I added the matrix runoff numbers of the clear pressing to the Discogs page. It definitely wasn't pressed at United. 

17 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

It continues... both volume I and II on glow in the dark vinyl

1zx43rc.jpg

http://merchnow.com/products/v2/242330/volume-1volume-2-glow-in-the-dark-green-vinyl-4xlp

hahahahaha this is great.  So glad I cancelled my preorders.  Wil scoop these (not these specifically, one of the other million variants) out of the bargain bins in a couple years.

Edited by Cloudsbelow