The STRANGER THINGS (Netflix) Thread

4 hours ago, freedumb said:

Interesting.  A lot of short passages.

Pretty common, really. Oftentimes a TV score (or film score) will exclude the shorter cues, but if you take a look at more comprehensive or expanded releases, they virtually always include with those tracks. Pretty exciting that this release isn't leaving anything out.

3 hours ago, docbronze said:

Pretty common, really. Oftentimes a TV score (or film score) will exclude the shorter cues, but if you take a look at more comprehensive or expanded releases, they virtually always include with those tracks. Pretty exciting that this release isn't leaving anything out.

Pretty common to have longer pieces too and just edit to use different snippets and play on various themes.  I think both viewpoints are valid given all the movies/tv shows/soundtracks out there.. That said, this is definitely not like most soundtracks/scores that I own and other than expanded editions, I can't think of too many off the top of my head with mostly short pieces.

Let me rephrase my original quote to be more redundant: In my opinion, I found it interesting that there were many short snippets. 

Yeah I expected shorter tracks once it was announced as being two volumes. I keep referencing Mr. Robot which had an almost identical release from Lakeshore, which itself contains loads of tracks that are 1:00-2:00 in duration.

Glad they're giving us everything on not skimping out. But damn oh damn, have fun dropping your needle precisely on Side B, Track 46, (0:41).

3 minutes ago, danoise said:

I'd like this on vinyl, but think a cassette version (similar to awesome mix vol 1 from GOTG) would be even cooler considering they mention and show a mixtape made by the older brother multiple times throughout the season.

I'd be interested in a cassette for the soundtrack (assuming we eventually get one), but not the score.

3 hours ago, danoise said:

I'd like this on vinyl, but think a cassette version (similar to awesome mix vol 1 from GOTG) would be even cooler considering they mention and show a mixtape made by the older brother multiple times throughout the season.

I should bootleg cassette copies out of spite for Netflix raising their fees.

38 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

I should bootleg cassette copies out of spite for Netflix raising their fees.

Seriously though... for things like this release blank tapes.  J-cards and cassette all done up the way you want and just let us record the soundtrack to the tape.

I'd buy one.

7 minutes ago, daegor said:

Seriously though... for things like this release blank tapes.  J-cards and cassette all done up the way you want and just let us record the soundtrack to the tape.

I'd buy one.

It's completely doable. I'd only really need clear grey tapes and white stickers.

tumblr_oan738k2pt1qkgvjuo1_1280.jpg

1 hour ago, DafTyler said:

I'll never understand why people want dollar bin songs pressed onto a 40$ record. Unless you strictly meant a cassette. 

To each their own I suppose.  

5 hours ago, danoise said:

5 hours ago, ksuwdboots said:

I'd be interested in a cassette for the soundtrack (assuming we eventually get one), but not the score.

1 hour ago, DafTyler said:

I'll never understand why people want dollar bin songs pressed onto a 40$ record. Unless you strictly meant a cassette. 

To each their own I suppose.  

I would kill to find some Echo and the Bunnymen or Joy Division in a dollar bin.

Other than that, however, I agree with you.

Hypothetically, if one were to make said mixtapes, they'd probably only want others to help cover the material/shipping costs, and if they felt like tipping this individual a buck or two they'd appreciate it but it wouldn't be necessary.

Just sayin', a run of 25 wouldn't take a certain user here a long time to make ;)

5 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Hypothetically, if one were to make said mixtapes, they'd probably only want others to help cover the material/shipping costs, and if they felt like tipping this individual a buck or two they'd appreciate it but it wouldn't be necessary.

Just sayin', a run of 25 wouldn't take a certain user here a long time to make ;)

Satan approved.

Anyone here good with photoshop who could clone that handwritten j-card and make it a printable jpeg? If all I had to do was supply the labeled/dubbed tape and case that would be ideal from an expense/labor prospective.

A - I suck at image design. I have a guy who does my designs for my releases but that's another expense to tack on.

B - J-cards aren't necessarily cheap to get printed, and given these would look extremely simplistic it wouldn't really be worth the cost.

Another option, I could look into this random j-card design I found on Google, however I feel like the tracks should match the ones listed above and I'd have to crunch the time signatures to know which will fit on each side. That all depends on necessary tape lengths and their availability. 

XWv0viA.jpg

I wouldn't be opposed to ditching the entire "mixtape" design and just using this j-card with blank black tapes (clear red would be cool too but more expensive).

I can look further into this but I'd need  24 people on board with this. It would solely be for fun. I would hate to have 13 bootleg OST tapes I fronted money for sitting on my shelf forever when all is said and done.