The STRANGER THINGS (Netflix) Thread

Via Film Music Daily...

The North American Editions of the Stranger Things V1 vinyl will be as follows:

V1 Standard Edition (Black Vinyl) : Available 10/28
* Double disc gatefold package with a printed insert featuring album credits and additional art

V1 Deluxe Edition (Colored Vinyl Variants for Different Retail Accounts) : Available 10/28
* Double disc gatefold package with a printed insert featuring album credits and additional art

V1 Limited Collectors Edition (Custom Hand Pressed Multi Colored Vinyl) ) : Available TBA
* Double disc gatefold package with 4/C Sleeves featuring art, credits, liner notes, fold out poster, etc.

The UK/ Rest Of World Edition of the Stranger Things V1 vinyl will be as follows:

V1 Invada Edition (425gram heavyweight gatefold sleeve with MultiColored Vinyl) – Available in the UK 10/28 / 11/11 Rest Of World

V1 & V2 Invada Limited Collectors Edition Boxed Set (Custom Hand Pressed MultiColored Vinyl) ) : Available TBA

* Custom Box containing all 4 vinyl discs from both volumes, full colour art containing credits, & liner notes, fold out poster, etc. – Further details when Vol 2 is announced.

Additionally the Vol 1 CD will be available on Oct 14th by Lakeshore in North America and Invada in ROW.

Stranger Things V2 Vinyl and CD details will be announced soon.

Limited Collectors Edition has me a bit confused - wondering if that'll be the same variant as the box, only each one sold separately and likely missing extras?

edit: sounds like that's the case. So potentially there will be another exclusive retailer variant besides HT, and then the Invada collectors edition/box.

god damn you lakeshore.

Edited by lethalenforcer

13 minutes ago, kisol said:

Via Film Music Daily...

The North American Editions of the Stranger Things V1 vinyl will be as follows:

V1 Standard Edition (Black Vinyl) : Available 10/28

V1 Deluxe Edition (Colored Vinyl Variants for Different Retail Accounts) : Available 10/28

V1 Limited Collectors Edition (Custom Hand Pressed Multi Colored Vinyl) ) : Available TBA
* Double disc gatefold package with 4/C Sleeves featuring art, credits, liner notes, fold out poster, etc.

The UK/ Rest Of World Edition of the Stranger Things V1 vinyl will be as follows:

V1 Invada Edition (425gram heavyweight gatefold sleeve with MultiColored Vinyl) – Available in the UK 10/28 / 11/11 Rest Of World

V1 & V2 Invada Limited Collectors Edition Boxed Set (Custom Hand Pressed MultiColored Vinyl) ) : Available TBA

* Custom Box containing all 4 vinyl discs from both volumes, full colour art containing credits, & liner notes, fold out poster, etc. – Further details when Vol 2 is announced.

Additionally the Vol 1 CD will be available on Oct 14th by Lakeshore in North America and Invada in ROW.

Stranger Things V2 Vinyl and CD details will be announced soon.

Holy crap. I feel like a Demagorgon just violated my earhole. Those custom hand pressed editions will be a joy to try and get!

12 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Limited Collectors Edition has me a bit confused - wondering if that'll be the same variant as the box, only each one sold separately and likely missing extras?

god damn you lakeshore.

What a shit show cash grab this has turned into. Just think we get to do this all over again with vol. 2.  

On 9/7/2016 at 8:39 PM, MayCauseDeath said:

Since they removed down voting I know feel safe to say this. This show was absolutely fucking horrible, the music was good but the writing and pace was atrocious. They expect us to care about a character that is in it for 5 minutes and then disappears? There was no emotion in why I should care for a character I saw for all of 5 minutes. I feel like every scene or indie person ate this up because it was hip. ill see you all at the guillotine later. 

It was legit good, shut your face.

Seriously, one of the best written and produced shows in a long time.

But I mean, that's just my opinion man.

12 minutes ago, daegor said:

Seriously, one of the best written and produced shows in a long time.

By no means will I say that's its better than GoT, Breaking Bad, True Detective S1 or Mr. Robot. Plus I won't lie that the first half of the story dragged a bit until midway. 

Edited by Vector53

1 minute ago, Vector53 said:

I would argue that there are some clever things about the story but by no means will I say that's its better than GoT, Breaking Bad, True Detective S1 or Mr. Robot. Plus I won't lie that the first half of the story dragged a bit until midway. 

Eh, it's hard to compare a single season run to a multiseason show, BUT, I would venture to say it's better put together than GoT (and I really enjoy GoT).  It's definitely not better than the rest of those though.

I need to watch Mr. Robot.

1 minute ago, daegor said:

Eh, it's hard to compare a single season run to a multiseason show,

I think the real test is next season for ST to be quite honest. I honestly felt underwhelmed with that predictable ending but felt content with where our characters ended up. To make a new season is like how I feel when people keep talking about Last of Us 2 (different media but felt like it had finality with its ending). We'll see how it goes though. Plus more sweet synth music never hurts.