The STRANGER THINGS (Netflix) Thread

3 minutes ago, SE7EN said:

Thanks for the info... Tempted to cancel my order now and wait for the inevitable boxset. Hmm... Decisions, decisions.

The only Vol. 1 preorders I'm holding onto (for now) are the Indie smoke and Relapse red. I'll order the accompanying versions of Vol. 2 (assuming the same vendors will get variants) and cancel/sell all of them if the box set is worth the inevitable hefty price tag. Considering the two most recent Invada variants of Vol. 2 came out to around $90ppd to the US, I'd imagine the box set will be at least that.

3 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

The only Vol. 1 preorders I'm holding onto (for now) are the Indie smoke and Relapse red. I'll order the accompanying versions of Vol. 2 (assuming the same vendors will get variants) and cancel/sell all of them if the box set is worth the inevitable hefty price tag. Considering the two most recent Invada variants of Vol. 2 came out to around $90ppd to the US, I'd imagine the box set will be at least that.

Yeah, not sure that my version from Invada would be worth keeping... If I don't cancel, I know what will ultimately happen: I'll buy Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 AND the big shiny box set.  Nothing wrong with that, I guess, but Vol. 1 has already cost me approx. $40, so it'll be an expensive set to collect!

Just now, ghost said:

Why can't they just announce all this at once! Ah!

They rushed it out the door to capitalize on the sudden surge in popularity for the show. I don't blame them for doing it. Hopefully the records don't sound like garbage.

This is why I'm fine with Invada taking their time on the box set - do something unique, please. If it's just these standard albums tossed in a new box, oye. I believe the initial release said that the records in the box would be hand-dipped. Knowing Invada, it should include some printed art goodies as well.

42 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

They rushed it out the door to capitalize on the sudden surge in popularity for the show. I don't blame them for doing it. Hopefully the records don't sound like garbage.

This is why I'm fine with Invada taking their time on the box set - do something unique, please. If it's just these standard albums tossed in a new box, oye. I believe the initial release said that the records in the box would be hand-dipped. Knowing Invada, it should include some printed art goodies as well.

Yeaaah, I know.  And it worked!
I'm also hoping that doesn't mean that quality was compromised. 

I'm hoping they'll announce details soon because I really like the aquamarine splatter variant that I ordered, but I want the box set more, so I'm just not sure if I'll be able to cancel it before details are announced. And if there's a variant I want more in the box set for volume one, then it's like, well, looks like I'll have 2 volume 1s....I don't know, I'm just craving a dipped cone now.

Volume 2 is going to be released with a sister app for iOS and Android.

You're going to need to ride a bike outside and hunt for the one hundred and fifty one different colored variants using GPS tracking. You can either catch them in the wild by throwing waffles (they're usually hiding in hollowed out trees) or "hatch" them in the shed out back.

When you come across other Strangér Things Go trainers collectors, you'll need to pit your vinyl against theirs in "Upside-Down Gyms."

It's all very original.

Broke down and bought the red with black swirl B&N variant. I have a feeling that my smoke one is going to be cancelled by whoever the hell random site I ordered it from. I think that this variant will end up being my favorite. Now, I'm in for 3. Damn.

Edited by lexicondevil