The STRANGER THINGS (Netflix) Thread

13 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Did your black copy get shipped? Mine hasn't :(

To be honest I'm just going to head out to a local shop and pick it up. I figure it won't be hard to get my hands on.  I cancelled my Amazon order a while back because I realized I was giving the retail giant TOO MUCH MONEY.  Time to give back to the little guys

10 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Did anyone get a DL code with the record? This whole no DL with these expensive ass records = lame.

I couldn't tell you the last time I used a DL code. Out of curiosity, do you download files to burn to a CD? Put on an iPod?  Just play from a computer?  Seems like streaming services are what a lot of people use to listen to music on the go nowadays. DL codes may be making an exit.  Anyway, if my copy has a code for some reason, I'll DM it to you. 

5 minutes ago, kisol said:

I couldn't tell you the last time I used a DL code. Out of curiosity, do you download files to burn to a CD? Put on an iPod?  Just play from a computer?  Seems like streaming services are what a lot of people use to listen to music on the go nowadays. DL codes may be making an exit.  Anyway, if my copy has a code for some reason, I'll DM it to you. 

i use download codes to put music on my phone. i don't use any streaming services.

1 hour ago, kisol said:

I don't use streaming services. Maybe I'm old that way. I put it on a memory stick to listen in my car. I also put it on my Zune to use at the gym or connect to my stereo. Hook me up with your unused codes!:)

7 hours ago, abovetheearth said:

Tomorrow my local store is having a release party.

they have 'tons' of smokey colored vinyl, eggos and some DnD planned.

Same here. Aside from the D&D and Eggos, my local is trumpeting Black, Clear, and Smoke variants.

7 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Did anyone get a DL code with the record? This whole no DL with these expensive ass records = lame.

Won't have mine until Friday, but I hope they are in there.

7 hours ago, kisol said:

I understand this line of thinking completely, but there are still so many reasons for folks to not rely on streaming services to have digital copies of the LPs we buy. For example, many of my LPs simply aren't on Spotify, etc. Some artists and labels just don't do business with some/any streaming services. Another reason is connectivity. I often vacation or hike and drive in areas with spotty/no/expensive signals; streaming just doesn't work for me there and, often, that's one of the places I want that music the most.