The STRANGER THINGS (Netflix) Thread

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Skacel said:

A bit late to the party here but I have just finished season 1.

Is the soundtrack worth picking up? 

I notice the boxset still still hasn't been released <_<

I mean.... you watched it. Did you listen to the music at all during it?

4 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Everybody knows Stranger Things is best watched on mute with the subtitles on...

Exactly. At least I'm not the only one.

Anyway, I had a listen online. As much as I want to drop upwards of £50 on this, I can't justify it. Especially if this thing runs for 5 or 6 seasons.

1 hour ago, Skacel said:

Exactly. At least I'm not the only one.

Anyway, I had a listen online. As much as I want to drop upwards of £50 on this, I can't justify it. Especially if this thing runs for 5 or 6 seasons.

How does this make any difference in whether you should buy the soundtrack to season one?

18 minutes ago, museummouth said:

If I wanted to complete every collection of every artist I own one record from I'd have no money or room in my house for records. 

There are like 20 bands that I'd love to own discographies from but it's a helluva challenge haha. Even when everything is in print, it's still a huge money hole. 

On 1/16/2017 at 8:36 PM, lethalenforcer said:

None. At this point it wouldn't surprise me if they waited until closer to S2's premiere. Or if it just never happens at all.

Invada sent out a newsletter a while back saying the box set was still happening but they were negotiating with Netflix as to what they could include. Seems a bit mental that they're still negotiating the content four months after they announced the box set but still... very frustrating that they announce a release then it seems to go quiet [same with the Black Mirror scores they're releasing].

34 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Alright well I don't really understand what you're trying to say.  Do you or do you not want the Black Mirror soundtrack?  And if not, why?  Would it be too popular for you?

not saying any of those things.  

I'm just saying the majority of people who bought/went crazy over ST did so because of how much they promo'd the vinyl and different variants.  keep in mind there are a ton of people that will buy a popular name and pretty variant without caring what's actually on the records.

At this point Invada haven't informed of release dates for the 2 episode scores for Black Mirror season 3 they're releasing on vinyl. They're releasing Junipero and Men Against Fire by Clint Mansell and Geoff Barrow & Ben Salisbury respectively. They've released the digital versions but not the physical. I love them as a label and they put out some great stuff but it feels like the maddest marketing plan to announce something without actually knowing when it'll be out.

Go look at any one of their social media feeds - particularly about Stranger Things - and see how many questions there are about the box set. Why on earth would you announce it without knowing exactly what you can put in the box set, let alone the release date. They announced it last September - I sent a tweet at the start of October asking if it would be out in time for the end of the month so I could ask for it for my birthday on 30th October - they basically said no chance. Here we are, in March 2017, with still no answer. It's nuts!

7 hours ago, al_hunter said:

At this point Invada haven't informed of release dates for the 2 episode scores for Black Mirror season 3 they're releasing on vinyl. They're releasing Junipero and Men Against Fire by Clint Mansell and Geoff Barrow & Ben Salisbury respectively. They've released the digital versions but not the physical. I love them as a label and they put out some great stuff but it feels like the maddest marketing plan to announce something without actually knowing when it'll be out.

Go look at any one of their social media feeds - particularly about Stranger Things - and see how many questions there are about the box set. Why on earth would you announce it without knowing exactly what you can put in the box set, let alone the release date. They announced it last September - I sent a tweet at the start of October asking if it would be out in time for the end of the month so I could ask for it for my birthday on 30th October - they basically said no chance. Here we are, in March 2017, with still no answer. It's nuts!

My guess is this won't come out until close to the second season premiere,  if at all.