The STRANGER THINGS (Netflix) Thread

21 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

What the F is this garbage? Please tell me they're not doing collectors editions of each volume before the mythical box.

Lol, I give up. Just gonna buy something at this point cause I don't think this boxset is ever coming.

Edited by Vector53

6 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

What the F is this garbage? Please tell me they're not doing collectors editions of each volume before the mythical box.

since the first announcement of the vinyl version in filmmusicdaily they clearly said lakeshore would release a "limited collectors edition" and invada a "limited collectors box set" in fact every time someone ask lakeshores instagram about the "box set" they refer to it as the "collectors edition" so i guess this is the americas version of the box set and thats it

http://filmmusicdaily.com/2016/09/08/stranger-things-vol-1-vinyl-details-announced/

19 hours ago, jai pool said:

since the first announcement of the vinyl version in filmmusicdaily they clearly said lakeshore would release a "limited collectors edition" and invada a "limited collectors box set" in fact every time someone ask lakeshores instagram about the "box set" they refer to it as the "collectors edition" so i guess this is the americas version of the box set and thats it

http://filmmusicdaily.com/2016/09/08/stranger-things-vol-1-vinyl-details-announced/

There would have to be new music on there for me to think about a double dip. The artwork is lovely, but that ain't enough. I've been spinning the black LPs for months now and they sound great. Zero chance that I'll pay $30-40 per set for new artwork, a patch/poster/film cel/etc, and splatter wax probably sound worse, but assuredly no better, than the copies I have now.

• 2 weeks later...

So... cool that they finally announced this, but... wtf?

So both Invada and Lakeshore are essentially just releasing new variants, but Invada's come packaged together? I don't even see a picture of the "box" that would house both of them. And I really think the colorway they chose for the box is pretty ugly.

I like this Lakeshore one:

STLakeshore_V2-2.jpg

3 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Yeah I think I may just grab both of Lakeshore's new colorways. I see no point in ordering from Invada instead. For what, an extra fold-out poster?

Seriously  don't understand why they didn't bother having two different images for the volumes. Even Mr. Robot had a change with Elliot wearing a mask/no mask. Just screams laziness.

Edited by Vector53

Just now, Vector53 said:

Serious question: I don't understand why they didn't bother having two different images for the volumes. Even Mr. Robot had a change with Elliot wearing a mask/no mask.

It's a terrible lack of any type of effort for this release. It's almost like they got lazy and said "F it."

And they didn't change/alternate cover art, yet the inner gatefold art is different for each one? What in the F?

Just now, lexicondevil said:

I'm not seeing any value or point to this re-release.

$$$$ is their only incentive, as I see nothing new (liner notes lol) about these.

1 minute ago, lethalenforcer said:

It's a terrible lack of any type of effort for this release. It's almost like they got lazy and said "F it."

And they didn't change/alternate cover art, yet the inner gatefold art is different for each one? What in the F?

$$$$ is their only incentive, as I see nothing new (liner notes lol) about these.

I mostly meant that I don't see any point for the consumer who already owns the other versions. Though logic has no place in the mind of collectors, so who am I to say?