The STRANGER THINGS (Netflix) Thread

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, dynamitekid said:

Can't wait to buy this, listen once and then never again

Then don't buy it, some of us actually enjoy the score and listen to it regularly.

However, that's one of my least favorite variants for the score so that's a pass for me, despite the box itself looking pretty nice.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not vinyl related, but the show is officially set to premiere on October 27th, and an awesome new poster and teaser have been released. Gotta say - knowing Lakeshore's vinyl release strategy for season one I'll likely just be grabbing the Relapse version or a cheap-ass black copy next year.

http://pitchfork.com/news/watch-the-new-stranger-things-season-2-teaser

ST2_Vertical-Main_PRE_US%20(1)%202.jpg

On July 11, 2017 at 10:47 AM, highfives said:

Pretty sure it's one of the hand poured options for the deluxe box set.

the box set is only available from Invada and the color variants are the green "lantern" version (for a limited time) and a black version after that
the "demogorgon swirl" is Lakeshores' collectors edition Vol 1 which is sold out (on their website, not sure about other retailers) you can still get the collectors edition vol 2 tho but they're stupid expensive for what they are

Edited by jai pool

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, kylet said:

Never got around to picking this up on vinyl. I know they milked the fuck out of it and did a bunch of different versions and box sets. Can somebody who followed it clue me in on the cheapest way to snag this is it's still around? Thanks.

Black vinyl. Go to your local shop. Probably be marked down to $12.99 in their clearance new vinyl section.

1 hour ago, kylet said:

Never got around to picking this up on vinyl. I know they milked the fuck out of it and did a bunch of different versions and box sets. Can somebody who followed it clue me in on the cheapest way to snag this is it's still around? Thanks.

You can take the red variant of season 1 off my hands.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:26 AM, tetsuodaironman said:

I hope this season is more (Tobe Hooper) Rated-R (and less Spielberg PG) with gore-filled episodes and Winona getting sexually buck wild. Come on, chant it with me: Rated R, Rated R...

While your ideas are intriguing, I actually like the fact that I can watch this with my kids. I don't have to tell the kiddos to scram, like when Game of Thrones comes on. I actually like the Goonies meets X-files, made for TV feel this show has.

2 hours ago, Cardboard_Robot said:

While your ideas are intriguing, I actually like the fact that I can watch this with my kids. I don't have to tell the kiddos to scram, like when Game of Thrones comes on. I actually like the Goonies meets X-files, made for TV feel this show has.

I agree, I don't have kids but the tone of the show is definitely nostalgic for me and R-rated gore and nudity would derail the E.T./ X-Files/Goonies feel of the show. 

22 minutes ago, elvismcvegas said:

I agree, I don't have kids but the tone of the show is definitely nostalgic for me and R-rated gore and nudity would derail the E.T./ X-Files/Goonies feel of the show. 

They've done an awesome job taking new material and making it feel like something I grew up watching. Definetly get the nostalgic vibe from it.

• 1 month later...

A storm's brewin...

https://thevinylfactory.com/news/stranger-things-season-2-soundtrack-vinyl/

I think I may just wait for the series to conclude and then buy the inevitable Ultra Upside Down Mega Complete Series Splatter Bundle "Box" Set (With Postcards [and Exclusive Liner Notes])

New track:

https://pitchfork.com/news/stranger-things-season-2-soundtrack-announced-new-song-shared-listen/

3 hours ago, docbronze said:

I love this show and score. A dangerous opinion in an uncertain time?  I know, but that's just the kind of guy I am. An iconoclast.

There are 45 pages in this thread... I know a lot of it is moaning about too many variants and the such but I think it’s fair to say most of the people in here are fans.