The STRANGER THINGS (Netflix) Thread

2 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Cart fill responsibly. Some stores actually allocate the item(s) to your cart, so if you fill er up all the way it will show sold out for everyone else (I don't believe this happens at Relapse). So be sure if you must try and figure out how many copies of something are left that you quickly empty your cart so you don't stop others from ordering.

Legit did this once by accident for a print I was interested in when there was like 10 left, blocked people from buying anything for like 12 hours, I felt so bad.

21 minutes ago, daegor said:

While there is no denying the hype around this release, the fact is (despite the naysayers) that if you are into scores and/or synth music this stuff is legit good.  I prefer my scores where they take the queues and combine or expand them to make full songs, but even with the negative mark I quite enjoy the score and have listened to it several times, and I know given the similar albums I currently have in my collection that this will see a fair bit of table time.

This is so true.

This release is massive convergence of vinyl hype, a quality score and a very good television series.

It's rare that all three of those meet.

10 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Cart fill responsibly. Some stores actually allocate the item(s) to your cart, so if you fill er up all the way it will show sold out for everyone else (I don't believe this happens at Relapse). So be sure if you must try and figure out how many copies of something are left that you quickly empty your cart so you don't stop others from ordering.

Shopify can do this, hence people needing to constantly refresh the Sold Out page. Bleep and Bandcamp will also show as Sold Out if you load everything in your cart.

It's 10,000 total copies spread across 8 variants. This is one of the small runs.

Should be noted that my plant is only handling the US versions, so the total will actually be over 10,000.

I was told by our front-end folks that a lot of these also have unique jacket art, or something unique about the packaging. But we haven't received the print media yet aside from the labels, so I can't confirm or deny that.

from the guy at the pressing plant, via reddit. so the invada variants will actually be from different plates....interesting.

13 minutes ago, axotyl said:

Thanks for  the heads up. Looks like a strange listing but I went ahead and ordered anyways.

Edited by colbourne25

Good for SURVIVE. It's nice to see a small band, do what they do, and do it well, and then become really successful. I hope they get a huge chunk of change from this release. Because they are likely just going to use that money to buy more synths and continue to make great music.

I'm really excited for their LP to drop on September 30th! More so than this OST.