The STRANGER THINGS (Netflix) Thread

30 minutes ago, AdamJNovak said:

So the one posted from Instagram is the clear with black smoke variant? Or that's a totally different pressing. Also, any link on the box set other than that p4k article?

The article said the "4xLP limited edition box set from Invada featuring both volumes of the soundtrack, will be announced “soon.”

1 minute ago, dirtydebutant said:

is volume 2 really worth it? musically speaking. i dont want to regret not getting the boxset but id be fine with not owning everything

The extended main titles are worth it on its own so yes.

Edited by Vector53

57 minutes ago, AdamJNovak said:

So the one posted from Instagram is the clear with black smoke variant? Or that's a totally different pressing. Also, any link on the box set other than that p4k article?

Looks like "clear with black smoke" to me. I wonder if every retailer will carry both smoke and black, or if it'll be more of an "Indie variant" and selectively available. The box set seems to be the only limited/exclusive variant.

4 minutes ago, Vector53 said:

You know the thing that's bums me out the most is that I won't be able to drag the boxset out in time to be signed at the survive concert in early October.:(

The thing that is going to bum me out the most will be the inevitable high price tag of the boxset.

3 minutes ago, Vector53 said:

I mean looking at previously released 4xLP records, it'll be at bare minimum 80+. Shipping though...

My guess is $100 minimum and if they get fancy including extras in the box like Dustin's missing teeth or something, then we could see something more at the $150 insanity.