Bongload Records Anniversary Presses Available now - Beck and Elliott Smith

4 minutes ago, negavinyl said:

This whole situation is confusing. For those who have picked up the Bong Load reissues, do they have a hype sticker or anything else that will make it clear they aren't boots? A few of my local shops have routinely carried boots of these but I have no interest in that.

I'm not sure i care to pay $40 for these either, but if there are in fact $20 versions coming shortly, some variant freak would likely want these versions if I came across them and picked them up and just got the other versions later, yeah? 

Yes, your ability to flip for large profits could be huge or they could look great framed to show off at parties

2 hours ago, Vern said:

He wouldn't know anyway as he doesn't work for the label.

Right. I just meant, its not like we'll be seeing them in a month or so because they are being pressed now or are in his queue. I'm sure they will happen with Bong Load at some point.

Edited by timsimmons

Not sure what was in the Reddit thread, but I received this info regarding Figure 8 from Bong Load:

"We take great care in our new pressings, just as we did with the originals. Odelay is longer than Figure 8 and it sounds (sounded) fantastic. Sticking with that philosophy, we are super happy with how the new figure 8 pressing sounds. Tom Rothrock (bong load owner) produced figure 8 and we also had the original mastering engineer do some passes on our hi res source before the metal was cut and we were all very happy with the result."

From their homepage...

Thank you for coming to our USA 10am online store sale. In order to fulfill your order in a timely fashion, we are placing a limited quantity of each title (Odelay, Mellow Gold, XO and Figure 8) in the store today. Once these are shipped, we will announce the next sale date both here and on our social media outlets. If you would like to receive an email with our next on-sale date, please sign up on our mailing list after you enter the website. 

So I guess more copies will eventually go up for sale in their online store.

Mellow Gold arrived in SoCal already via Bong Load. 

Not 100% flat, but close (it's hot outside)

170g

Dead wax: BL12A silverload/MRP0366-A SS160415   There is a symbol before SS, circle with initials in it? 

Listening to first few songs, nice thick bass on Loser, overall mix is solid to my ears.  Minuscule surface noise. 

Deceptively dark color at first, looks nice in better light. 

744DC0C6-3DC0-4B5E-AFFA-0AC2AD551E4F_zps

41 minutes ago, ryantark said:

170g

Dead wax: BL12A silverload/MRP0366-A SS160415   There is a symbol before SS, circle with initials in it? 

Listening to first few songs, nice thick bass on Loser, overall mix is solid to my ears.  Minuscule surface noise. 

Is the version of Pay No Mind the regular version or the alternate version from the first pressing of the LP?

41 minutes ago, ryantark said:

170g

Is the version of Pay No Mind the regular version or the alternate version from the first pressing of the LP?