Bongload Records Anniversary Presses Available now - Beck and Elliott Smith

21 minutes ago, highfives said:

You can assume the Bongload pressing will be better though.

Vinyl I've gotten from SRC has had no quality issues, I just dislike them as a company because their customer service and responsiveness are shit.  No variant should be $15 more than the standard black for a 1xLP.  

I feel like I just played myself on this whole Odelay thing.

66499172.jpg

Edited by thievedrelic

35 minutes ago, thievedrelic said:

Vinyl I've gotten from SRC has had no quality issues, I just dislike them as a company because their customer service and responsiveness are shit.  No variant should be $15 more than the standard black for a 1xLP.  

I feel like I just played myself on this whole Odelay thing.

66499172.jpg

I'll agree with this, however it isn't an SRC pressing, it's a Geffen pressing.  We don't know what source Geffen is using or why it's $15 cheaper.  But from all we've read, Bongload went through a great deal of care for their pressing.  I guarantee we'll never hear a word about the Geffen press.

3 minutes ago, Skacel said:

Got my XO & Figure 8 through. Was there a reason that these were so expensive? Or was it just a case of these will shift whatever the price?

Either Bong Load had to pay a pretty hefty licensing fee (I know they are the original label) or the possibility of selling records at blood-sucking major label inflated prices is specifically what brought them back to the vinyl game.  

If they were doing this out of love for vinyl and making sure the music is out there, they'd probably have released these long before Newbury/majors proved that we are begging to spend $40 on limited edition reissues.

19 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

Zia sent my Beck records via UPS and UPS delivered them to my local post office three days ago...it's not tracking them anymore and they haven't arrived yet. Estimated date was yesterday and the mail already came today, so I'm left wondering what's going on.

If you goto the ups tracking info page on s non mobile device, scroll to the bottom and it gives you the usps tracking number that you can ask for at the local post office

18 hours ago, ryantark said:

Just snagged an Odelay.  Thanks!

22 hours ago, ryantark said:

Thanks for that. For $31.50 I gave in on Mellow Gold. 

Received mine yesterday. I bought from an Ebay seller for more than I wanted to, but not what they will eventually go for by any means, or even remotely what I would have to pay for originals. They were both in superb condition, and sound very very nice. So happy to have them.Melow%20Gold%20Red%20Black%20Vinyl%20BonMelow%20Gold%20Red%20Black%20Vinyl%20BonMelow%20Gold%20Red%20Black%20Vinyl%20Bon

Edited by My Big 12"