Bongload Records Anniversary Presses Available now - Beck and Elliott Smith

Hey someone mentioned that Bongload Records are doing represses of The Beck albums Odelay and Mellow Gold as well as Elliott Smith XO and Either/Or.

Newbury had them as coming soon for $40 each. You can order them now at the Bongload website for $35 each! http://www.bongloadrecords.com/#!shop/mkbf2

I would imagine they are new pressings that went back to the master tapes. I've heard nothing but bad things about any of the represses of the Elliott Smith records (Plain did them) and that the originals on Bongload sound amazing, they also fetch a lot on discogs. 

Original Beck albums on Bongload are supposed to sound great too and also fetch a lot on discogs. I imagine these are one time pressings as it's probably all they have the rights to do.

I have the original Bong Load pressings of Odelay and XO (and Midnite Vultures). They do sound fantastic. I have the Plain XO as well and can confirm that the pressing Bong Load sounds much better. I never got the 4LP Odelay (though now I wish I had), so I haven't compared them. 

Really happy to to be able to pick up Figure 8 and Mellow Gold. I have the plain Figure 8 and it sounds like ass. 

I am curious to hear of this Odelay will be different from the original or the new one Geffen/Interscope is putting out this fall.  

17 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

I have the original Bong Load pressings of Odelay and XO (and Midnite Vultures). They do sound fantastic. I have the Plain XO as well and can confirm that the pressing Bong Load sounds much better. I never got the 4LP Odelay (though now I wish I had), so I haven't compared them. 

Really happy to to be able to pick up Figure 8 and Mellow Gold. I have the plain Figure 8 and it sounds like ass. 

I am curious to hear of this Odelay will be different from the original or the new one Geffen/Interscope is putting out this fall.  

My Bong Load XO doesn't sound that great. I want more info on this reissue and I may buy it if it sounds like it has the potential to be better.

1 minute ago, timsimmons said:

Real weird that Midnight Vultures isn't included here. 

Everyone is forgetting Mutations! I want MV too, but that's only because I already own Mutations.

I might just sell my OG and buy the repress of Mellow Gold, and I'm on the fence about getting the special Odelay too.