Pirate Press Records ROTW love

Has anyone ever purchased a record based on the color and not the band? I have never questioned doing this until I saw Pirate Press Records Record Of The Week (ROTW) website.  Some of those color combinations are so amazing looking. Some of the bands I have never even heard of but I was tempted to buy some based on how they look. I think I have a record collecting problem. Haha

2 hours ago, shenanigans said:

Never just for color, but I have a few things that I've bought because of the way they play or something. Like inside to outside on one side and concentric grooves on the other side or something like that

What he said. Never just for color. Bought a Dillinger Escape Plan 7" mostly because it plays pretty weird. And I got into the band "Fishboy" because he has some really cool comics that come with his stuff. I do check out the Pirates Press ROTW though because it totally just reminded me I need to listen to that sports. LP

I have checked out albums in the past based off particularly appealing variants and-or album art, and proceeded to order after being impressed with what I had heard... but I've also dodged some bullets with that method, too.  I don't think I've ever blind-bought something just off a variant photo or mockup, though.

9 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

What he said. Never just for color. Bought a Dillinger Escape Plan 7" mostly because it plays pretty weird. And I got into the band "Fishboy" because he has some really cool comics that come with his stuff. I do check out the Pirates Press ROTW though because it totally just reminded me I need to listen to that sports. LP

This is the exact record I was talking about haha

16 minutes ago, regan138 said:

Wish I could spend the day in a record pressing plant and see how the magic happens.

Follow Wax Mage on instagram (@waxmagerecords). They do a lot of cool handpours and one-off experiments and shit.

Fucking look at this shit