PO: Reel Big Fish - Skacoustic and Happy Skalidays LP

28 minutes ago, chils123 said:

I mean, it's still nice to have some RBF vinyl, but why not some of the actual albums?

I'll take what I can get though, so I'll be in.

It could have to do with the rights to the album masters. That's why the one hits collection was all re-recordings. 

On 8/5/2016 at 0:05 PM, jacobe said:

It could have to do with the rights to the album masters. That's why the one hits collection was all re-recordings. 

While I assume this is the case as well, TTRO eventually got pressed and sold out (no pun intended) pretty quickly; I think there was even a second pressing that also sold out.  I'd think a run of 500-1000 for each of the other Mojo/Jive albums would also sell well since RBF has a pretty solid worldwide fanbase who have followed them on their descent into obscurity* who would buy that shit up at a price high enough to justify the licensing.  The idea that the label is still making enough off of those albums to justify charging an insane licensing fee or holding onto the masters in order to extort the band is pretty bonkers, but I guess nobody ever accused the music industry of being logical.

I won't be buying these random novelty releases, as I already own digital copies of these songs, and I don't even listen to those, so I probably would never listen to the records themselves.

* Just to be clear, I still love this band and will forever see them everytime they roll through whatever city I happen to be in.

Edited by tdogg241

On 8/6/2016 at 9:23 PM, ChasHawk said:

Ordered, because ska. 

Both records together come out to almost $2 cheaper through bullmoose vs Amazon, because there is no sales tax added... At least for Illinois. 

And you get those points! And they have great packaging.