PO: Placebo - A Place For Us To Dream [Box Set - 4xLP] / Life's What You Make It

Available October 7th. 

http://placebo.merchnow.com/

A Place For Us To Dream

PLACEBO celebrate their 20 year anniversary with the release of a retrospective album ‘A Place For Us To Dream – 20 Years Of Placebo’ that includes the stunning new single ‘Jesus’ Son’.  

The deluxe box set comes as either a 4 x 180 GSM heavyweight pink or black vinyl version and includes an exclusive 24 page booklet of never-before-seen images curated by Brian Molko & Stefan Olsdal from their private collections.

The first 450 of the deluxe box pink vinyl edition and the first 500 of the standard black vinyl edition are signed by Brian Molko & Stefan Olsdal. 

50 random orders of the boxset will also receive a bonus AA side 7” single of the new tracks ‘Jesus’ Son / Life’s What You Make It’ 

‘A Place For Us To Dream’ is also available as : 

2 x CD case bound book including a 32 page booklet of never-before-seen images curated by Brian Molko & Stefan Olsdal from their private collections.

iTunes Digital download + instant grat of the new track ‘I Know (Version 2008)’ and the new single ‘Jesus’ Son’ [19th August]

300000_placebo_boxset2_V2A_st01.jpg

Deluxe Box Set [4xLP] PinkDeluxe Box Set [4xLP] Pink

300000_placebo_boxset2_V1A_st01.jpg

Deluxe Box Set [4xLP] BlackDeluxe Box Set [4xLP] Black

Life's What You Make It 12"

‘6 track ‘Life’s What You Make It E.P’ that includes the brand new single ‘Jesus’ Son’ and a cover of the Talk Talk classic ‘Life’s What You Make It’.

The E.P is available in either springtime green or standard black vinyl.

326511_%20Placebo_best_of_2A_ST01.jpg

Springtime GreenSpringtime Green

326511_%20Placebo_best_of_1A_ST01.jpg

BlackBlack

20 Years Of Placebo World Tour20 Years Of Placebo World Tour

1.  USA Priority Mail is $14.40.

2.  It looks like the random 7" is computer-generated?  It appeared as part of my invoice that the 7" was included.

3.  I could not figure out a way to combine the 12" EP and the box set.

4.  The box set is offered as a  4-panel package (not a box with separate sleeves) at a lower price.

thanks!

1 minute ago, ejc625 said:

Placebo doesn't have a small amount of albums though. 

I guess I thought 7 studio albums didn't seem like too many to have a full box. I'd love 2 sets, one of the studio releases and one of all the remixes, covers, bsides, etc. 

Got the deluxe box on this and the 7" (charged $1 for it). 

46 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

Only one reason I can think of. If the song has explicit lyrics, then a parent might want an edited version or something; that way they can still listen to that song around their kids. I don't know though. 

That's probably the reason, and the reason I'm not buying. I'm 31 and don't have time for that shit

1 hour ago, mondie said:

I dont have a probem with the radio edits, probably just shorter versions of those tracks and the only version I know as a casual fan. Seems like the pink has sold out already. Not sure how that can be but seems unlikley I scored a signed copy if that really is the case.

I don't see it sold out...

• 1 month later...

Sorry to any hardcore Placebo fans but I just saw this review of "Life's What You Make It" on a UK indie store site. Hope it isn't quite that bad (but I can totally see it being so), and it's only one review, after all... Was hoping they might have one last decent release in them :(

Edited by SE7EN

3 hours ago, SE7EN said:

Sorry to any hardcore Placebo fans but I just saw this review of "Life's What You Make It" on a UK indie store site. Hope it isn't quite that bad (but I can totally see it being so), and it's only one review, after all... Was hoping they might have one last decent release in them :(

I quite liked "Loud Like Love", but I agree with that, the EP sucks really bad.

• 4 months later...