Secretly Society: Secretly Group Record Club (jagjaguwar, secretly canadian, numero group, dead oceans record club)

• 6 months later...

4 hours ago, unknown pleasures said:

Does anyone know if the subscriber exclusive colors of releases (shown below) are open editions? I'm not a member myself but notice they're called "limited-edition member's only" colors but none of them appear to be sold out.

555871_ss.jpg

Last time I checked, the Angel Olsen record was the only one not available (sold out).  They did find some more copies last week but the clear is gone again.

4 hours ago, unknown pleasures said:

Does anyone know if the subscriber exclusive colors of releases (shown below) are open editions? I'm not a member myself but notice they're called "limited-edition member's only" colors but none of them appear to be sold out.

555871_ss.jpg

I'm not quit sure I understand what you're asking but those are all of past releases and as mentioned above Angel Olsen is the only one sold out (though there is a blue version that SS members can order but that wasn't the club version).    But they are only open to club members to buy.  It's a way or new members to buy back catalog items that they missed.  

30 minutes ago, fish said:

I think part of that question may be how many of these club editions they are actually pressing?

I wondered that too - if only members can buy them then they might have trouble moving huge volumes.  Still, it's nice that back copies are available if you weren't a member during the month of a particular release.

44 minutes ago, fish said:

I think part of that question may be how many of these club editions they are actually pressing?

They've never really released the actual pressing numbers.  By they did state a while back at the start of the club that the secret society pressing would be their most limited pressings.  

Im guessing that they are not selling enough memberships to sell out of a lot of them so far.

i don't know why.  This is actually a pretty solid club.  $20 per LP ppd.  I do wish they'd let society members choose to buy the bells and whistles that are available with their deluxe packages.  That's my one complaint

Edited by OldKentuckyShark

39 minutes ago, fish said:

Yes, that's the main thing I was asking.

I was thrown off by the fact that each of those releases still lists a member exclusive variant available, but as YouTwo pointed out the Angel Olsen exclusive is actually sold out and the one listed now is just a different variant they're making available to members rather than the original member-only color. 

I think I'd read somewhere that one was limited to 350, but I'm guessing the pressing numbers only go up from there as membership grows. 

35 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

They've never really released the actual pressing numbers.  By they did state a while back at the start of the club that the secret society pressing would be their most limited pressings.  

Im guessing that they are not selling enough memberships to sell out of a lot of them so far.

i don't know why.  This is actually a pretty solid club.  $20 per LP ppd.  I do wish they'd let society members choose to buy the bells and whistles that are available with their deluxe packages.  That's my one complaint

I agree.  Especially given how expensive shipping is if you order from the Secretly Store, $20 is a great price.   I've gotten 2 of my favorite albums of the year from SS so far (Strand of Oaks and Jens Lekman).   Everything I got so far has been really good.  I have gotten a few unadvertised bonus items with the releases though.  Cherry Glazerr came with the 7" and Jens Lekman came with the post card flexi disc.  I just wish they offered skips to 3 month members.  

Edited by YouTwo

29 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

I agree.  Especially given how expensive shipping is if you order from the Secretly Store, $20 is a great price.   I've gotten 2 of my favorite albums of the year from SS so far (Strand of Oaks and Jens Lekman).   Everything I got so far has been really good.  I have gotten a few unadvertised bonus items with the releases though.  Cherry Glazerr came with the 7" and Jens Lekman came with the post card flexi disc.  I just wish they offered skips to 3 month members.  

That's true.  For a couple of releases they have thrown in some extras.  But I really want those Japanese Breakfast extras this month but I don't want to pay $42 more to get them.

• 2 years later...

Hey, Secretly Society veterans, I have a quick question: I signed up this month and used the 4 free shipping slots for November during the Whitney sale. That was about a week and a half ago, so I was wondering: do your free shipping items ship with the monthly release? Or should I contact them to see wtf is going on with the shipping? Thanks!

1 hour ago, simple_torture said:

Hey, Secretly Society veterans, I have a quick question: I signed up this month and used the 4 free shipping slots for November during the Whitney sale. That was about a week and a half ago, so I was wondering: do your free shipping items ship with the monthly release? Or should I contact them to see wtf is going on with the shipping? Thanks!

They ship with your monthly shipment.  So if you ordered this month they will ship with Faye Webster. 

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, btelg said:

Black vinyl version is out if thats something you'd be interested in

https://www.secretlystore.com/correspondence-jens-lekman-annika-norlin

Thanks for sharing! I knew but I'm 100% that bitch that thinks they need the yellow. I'll linger around and see if I can get a yellow, since the black will probably be available for a long time to come. 

Thank you though :)

• 4 months later...