PO: Tom Chaplin (Keane) - The Wave

4 hours ago, YouTwo said:

I always liked Keane (as long as we can pretend Night Train doesn't exist).  I will have to check this out.  

My Shadow is a solid track tho! lol

He's been performing some of these new songs at shows for a while, so they are easily found on youtube if you wanna listen before committing to the preorder. They sound good, although super sad. He fell back into addiction recently and these songs were the outcome of trying to take back his life. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/interviews/keanes-tom-chaplin-on-his-battles-with-addiction-and-why-hes-emb/

7 minutes ago, futures said:

My Shadow is a solid track tho! lol

He's been performing some of these new songs at shows for a while, so they are easily found on youtube if you wanna listen before committing to the preorder. They sound good, although super sad. He fell back into addiction recently and these songs were the outcome of trying to take back his life. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/interviews/keanes-tom-chaplin-on-his-battles-with-addiction-and-why-hes-emb/

Can't recall My Shadow so I'll have to give it another chance.  All that sticks in my head is the very out of place rap part in Stop For a Minute (I believe).  I didn't know that about his personal struggles.  I did notice he looks like he lost a lot of weight in that video.  

21 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

Can't recall My Shadow so I'll have to give it another chance.  All that sticks in my head is the very out of place rap part in Stop For a Minute (I believe).  I didn't know that about his personal struggles.  I did notice he looks like he lost a lot of weight in that video.  

Haha yeah the rest of that EP was a little out there. I think My Shadow was written for Perfect Symmetry which is probably why it's the only really good track on it. I noticed he's lost a lot of weight as well.

17 minutes ago, colbourne25 said:

I love Keane so will most likely check this out. My Shadow is actually one of my favourite track by them. But yes, the Night Train EP should never have been released imo.

Wish they would repress their first two albums

I was really hoping for a 10 yr repress of UTIS. :(

Ideally, since its unlikely at this time that they get back together, I'd love to see a vinyl boxset of all their full lengths.

a voice made for anthemic pop songs.  i bought Hot Fuss and Hopes And Fears the same day, I think, so he and Brandon Flowers will always be linked to me, but I think they are two of the most powerful pop singers of the last decade.  However, I havent liked anything either has done since 2006, but...nostalgia.

2 hours ago, thievedrelic said:

Lord knows we aren't pulling out the vinyl until a repress....last I looked it was going for like $400 on Discogs.

i have it on my wantlist so i get emails almost every day alerting me of the newest listings for sale. i just laugh as i delete the email.

• 2 weeks later...

i think thats an error on their part. those vinyl options that aren't autographed were marked as sold out when the autographed copies were still available in the store. i think when they took down the autographed options, they forgot to switch the standard ones so people could purchase them. hopefully they fix it soon =\

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...