PO NOW!! MENZINGERS - AFTER THE PARTY.

Satan

I refuse to believe the lyrics are "sha la la la Jersey girls are always total heart breakers" so I will be replacing them with "shine a light on Jersey girls that are always total heart breakers"

The timing works. still cheesy, but i'm okay with that... I'm sticking to it.

Edited by Snaggle Von Swift

On August 12, 2016 at 4:03 PM, Snaggle Von Swift said:

I refuse to believe the lyrics are "sha la la la Jersey girls are always total heart breakers" so I will be replacing them with "shine a light on Jersey girls that are always total heart breakers"

The timing works. still cheesy, but i'm okay with that... I'm sticking to it.

It's a reference to Tom Waits' "Jersey Girl," also done by Bruce. "Sha la la I'm in love with a Jersey Girl..."

Love this one, can't wait for the new record.

I didn't stick around to try and catch up with them afterward.

Show was awesome, and they played another new track in addition to Lookers.  So far album should be right on par for them.

My only wish was that they played a more diverse set.  Outside of 'I Was Born', they only played from OTIP and Rented World. 

49 minutes ago, gutzonborglum said:

I didn't stick around to try and catch up with them afterward.

Show was awesome, and they played another new track in addition to Lookers.  So far album should be right on par for them.

My only wish was that they played a more diverse set.  Outside of 'I Was Born', they only played from OTIP and Rented World. 

I think the other new song they've been playing is called Thick as Thieves

i'm prob jumping off this bandwagon. that new song didn't do much for me and i never even got around to cracking the seal on Rented World. it's still sitting there. i love 'i don't want to be an asshole anymore' and it's ok for about the first half for me, but the second half doesn't do it for me. 

but, i was a poser jumping on the 'wagon late anyway. i didn't like the early stuff at all and chamberlain waits is my favorite. 

10 hours ago, burntwolf said:

i'm prob jumping off this bandwagon. that new song didn't do much for me and i never even got around to cracking the seal on Rented World. it's still sitting there. i love 'i don't want to be an asshole anymore' and it's ok for about the first half for me, but the second half doesn't do it for me. 

but, i was a poser jumping on the 'wagon late anyway. i didn't like the early stuff at all and chamberlain waits is my favorite. 

I'll take rented world off your hands.

Being able to hear Lookers live was great.  I'm a huge Tom Waits fan, so it's a double whammy.  Really good song.  

I wish I could find a set list online, as I'm having a hell of a time piecing together a few holes in the middle.  Should have taken a cue from the twenty year old goth girls and recorded the whole show on my phone.

6 hours ago, gutzonborglum said:

Being able to hear Lookers live was great.  I'm a huge Tom Waits fan, so it's a double whammy.  Really good song.  

I wish I could find a set list online, as I'm having a hell of a time piecing together a few holes in the middle.  Should have taken a cue from the twenty year old goth girls and recorded the whole show on my phone.

Here'a a list from the Baltimore show on Wednesday.  http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-menzingers/2016/rams-head-live-baltimore-md-73fce239.html

There's a few more setlists from this tour on there.  It seems like they play the same set every night.. sometimes only changing the order.

6 hours ago, curator said:

Here'a a list from the Baltimore show on Wednesday.  http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-menzingers/2016/rams-head-live-baltimore-md-73fce239.html

There's a few more setlists from this tour on there.  It seems like they play the same set every night.. sometimes only changing the order.

That looks like pretty much the exact same set.  Thanks for the link.  I had checked that site and there was nothing for Norfolk, or NC before it.  

6 hours ago, curator said:

That looks like pretty much the exact same set.  Thanks for the link.  I had checked that site and there was nothing for Norfolk, or NC before it.