PO NOW!! MENZINGERS - AFTER THE PARTY.

Satan

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, cameronbudde said:

How? Crazy surface noise?

There's some pretty nasty pops, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and assume I didn't clean it well enough.  I only have a Discwasher (brush and solution).  But to me it just sounds super flat and dull.  Maybe it's just the production.  We'll know soon enough once more people can weigh in I guess.

Edited by parkinglot

1 hour ago, throughbeingcruel said:

It's probably a really good album considering most of you disliked Rented World, which was an awesome album. 

This is my thinking.  Rented World is an amazing album in my opinion. I listen to it way more often than OTIP.   Chamberlain Waits is still my favorite, though.

49 minutes ago, parkinglot said:

I liked Rented World.  This is more of a straightforward rock album.  Not too many standouts.  (Yet)

Damn. Was hoping you were gonna say you didn't like Rented World (which is my favorite album of theirs). Now I'm bummed to hear people who were into that are let down by the follow up record.

17 minutes ago, kylet said:

Damn. Was hoping you were gonna say you didn't like Rented World (which is my favorite album of theirs). Now I'm bummed to hear people who were into that are let down by the follow up record.

To be fair I've only listened to the record about 5 times through.  But only a couple tracks grabbed me.  It seems like a less mature record than OTIP and Rented World.

1 hour ago, kylet said:

The statement's validation is pending on your opinion of Rented World. Thoughts?

My statement wasn't absolute. I was just saying that most of the people on this board weren't as into Rented World as OTIP. I think they are pretty equal albums. OTIP had some amazing songwriting, but Rented World had some great upbeat tracks. I saw them right after RW came out, and those songs were so much fun in a live setting. I still have high hopes for this album.