PO soon: Bon Iver - 22, A Million

8 hours ago, jrodan said:

this album still sucks.

i mean, what really sucks is waiting until most everyone who'd want this already has a copy of it to press limited colorways. 
and what's the logic in taking pre-orders? the release is already so long ago, why not just wait until you have the discs in hand and then put them up for sale?!?

10 hours ago, copelandkid said:

i mean, what really sucks is waiting until most everyone who'd want this already has a copy of it to press limited colorways. 
and what's the logic in taking pre-orders? the release is already so long ago, why not just wait until you have the discs in hand and then put them up for sale?!?

Especially considering the Turntablelab version looks to be a picture of an actual copy, yet it ships later than the Bon Iver store version??

22 hours ago, jrodan said:

this album still sucks.

I don't think it sucks, in fact, I think it's quite creative. it's just not overly listenable. I find it grating at times, where too much intentional distortion or clipping is used for effect but ultimately makes this sound like a turd with a half-decent setup. I like it in that it was a cool next step from the first two albums, but I just never have a desire to listen to it.

13 minutes ago, Sidney Crosley said:

I don't think it sucks, in fact, I think it's quite creative. it's just not overly listenable. I find it grating at times, where too much intentional distortion or clipping is used for effect but ultimately makes this sound like a turd with a half-decent setup. I like it in that it was a cool next step from the first two albums, but I just never have a desire to listen to it.

creative is cool and all, but I usually listen to music that is listenable. i loved everything bon iver did prior to this album, but he lost me with all the tinkering and effects. dude can write a tune, and for me, the more he does to bury that tune in wanking, the less im interested. that being said, if people like this, it is no sweat off my sack. music is cool that way.

12 minutes ago, PookdaddyG said:

I was lucky to snag tickets to seen him play in November, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that he stays away from playing too many songs from this album.

I saw him last week. The set list was mostly new stuff with a few songs off the first 2 albums and the EP.  I think there were 2 or 3 off of S/T.

I wish they had those colour variants at the merch table.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...