PO soon: Bon Iver - 22, A Million

1 hour ago, AdamJNovak said:

A quick instagram search and this popped up... Probably only selling the black variant at the fest... 

Aw man... My friend just bought my copy. Guessing red is only available through the bundle online and in some record stores. Still excited! Going to try to grab a red variant of the single.

Edited by alllexm

Which makes me wonder... Will the red single only be available as a bundle? Meaning if there is a color variant of the album and you also want the red variant of the single, you are still going to need to buy the bundle? Really hope not. But I'm starting to think it  It will only be sold as a bundle.

Edited by alllexm

1 hour ago, ryantark said:

Well this caught my attention:

ABOUT THE 12”

Limited to 25,000 copies worldwide, the 22/10 12" contains extended versions of the first two tracks from Bon Iver's highly anticipated new album, 22, A Million. First made available to attendees of the 2016 Eaux Claires Festival, red and white vinyl versions are available in select stores worldwide for purchase along side 22, A Million.

So, since we see there are black and red copies around, plus mentions of a white, perhaps that 25k press qty is total between them all? (or perhaps it's a typo of 2,500?)

Edited by EHughes527

I'm going to go against the grain and say I was really unimpressed with the two singles released thus far. Those high pitched processed vocals remind me of a bad sample in a hip hop or r&b track. That's just me though. I'm interested to hear the rest of the album.

Edited by zdkaiser

21 hours ago, mrcndrlprt said:

22, A Million is part love letter, part final resting place of two decades of searching for self-understanding like a religion. And the inner-resolution of maybe never finding that understanding. The album’s 10 poly-fi recordings are a collection of sacred moments, love’s torment and salvation, contexts of intense memories, signs that you can pin meaning onto or disregard as coincidence. If Bon Iver, Bon Iver built a habitat rooted in physical spaces, then 22, A Million is the letting go of that attachment to a place.

What the heck is poly-fi? 

Not sure if anyone saw this but someone ripped the Spin Facebook livestream and upped it to Youtube (can't see much, but audio is passable). May well be taken down soon, but I'm 2/3 through and it's incredible. Such growth as a group/artist and it sounds great. Can't wait for it to be out for real.

Edited by Sidney Crosley

I have a friend dropping off a copy of the 12" single today that she picked up for me at the festival this weekend. I'll try to listen to it tonight and report back on how it sounds. I assume it's a black copy too, but we'll see!

EDIT: Just listened to it. Sounds really good. Black vinyl confirmed.

Edited by wiscodeman

Because my copy of the last Bon Iver record was bad to the point that the MP3's sounded significantly better (and this is a common complaint for that record). They are going to press a zillion of these in a hurry, which tends to mean getting a clean-sounding copy might be a challenge. Again, I hope I'm wrong.