Out Now: The Used - Self Titled / In Love and Death Repress

9 hours ago, xschurzix said:

I would like to order both, but the web-site dosn´t work for me...

Are you connected to wifi? ATT perhaps? I can't go to any merchnow websites at my work for some reason. We don't have any websites blocked but for some reason that one is. I just disconnect my phone from wifi and place orders on my phone. 

1 hour ago, andrewlucas said:

Are you connected to wifi? ATT perhaps? I can't go to any merchnow websites at my work for some reason. We don't have any websites blocked but for some reason that one is. I just disconnect my phone from wifi and place orders on my phone. 

I think he's talking about smartpunk

the website has been fucked lately I got my order in yesterday but I had to refresh a few pages a bunch. I was getting a lot of error messages and I never got a conformation email

2 minutes ago, AlexH. said:

Same. I kinda thought the whole joke with tug was that the band he was obsessed with blew ass. 

I guess people were probably feigning dislike for The Used to cultivate his hilarious reactions. It's unsurprising that the hate was fake when so much of the board is concerned with early-noughties emo/pop punk. 

16 minutes ago, slinch said:

alas, we get another "people with bad taste shit on other people with different bad taste" thread

I wasn't shitting on anyone for being into early noughties emo and pop punk, that stuff is fine by me. I was just saying it is unsurprising that so many people here like The Used when you take into account the amount of threads dedicated to other Early noughties emo. I have no issues with the board having threads about these sorts of bands at all was just saying....

With regard to how shitty the Used is:

I recognize this as fact now, but 15 years ago, they were my favorite band. I saw them a number of times live (which is how I "discovered" them to begin with). That is what made them, to me. Seeing this (then) unknown, racous band opening up for pop-punk-phenoms Mest was completely unexpected. Furthermore my 14-year-old self couldn't restrain the urge to go crazy, stage dive, and fall in love with an unknown band for the first time (at this tiny place called the Cotton Club in ATL) when all I really expected was some whiny kids singing "top down, seat back, rolling in my Cadillac." 

So, yeah, they aren't the best band, but during that "noughty" time, they changed my perception of music available to me. And of course, they would later be responsible for me discovering who Coheed and Cambria were (prior to IKS release). 

I owe them a lot of my taste in music despite the fact that some of their lyrics make me cringe now. 

So, for better or worse, I will be buying these relases in some form and will be proud of it. 

I don't even know why I bothered typing all of this. Maybe I need a real life therapist. Maybe I'm just bored. 

What crippling insecurity is it that causes people to click on threads they have zero interest in to tell people that the band they like is shitty? 

Because some of us like The Used, FOB, NFG, and Blink...we're lesser music fans somehow? 

Sorry we don't know who Rainbow Monkey Death Parade is.