Amazon cardboard mailers

14 minutes ago, jameshays said:

1 hour ago, rds said:

Yeah!  I should have mentioned that I posted the link. Sorry for copy/pasting and not specifying.

• 1 year later...

I have been buying these for a while now but the price recently doubled. I try to keep my shipping prices as low as possible but, if I buy those, them I'm definitely going to have to increase them and risk losing sales.

Does anyone know of some other place to buy these types of mailers at a reasonable price?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2016 at 3:15 PM, slinch said:

Best record mailer type out there. Whenever I get a package from a label/shop that is still uses these "old" ones I cannot help but see them as ignorant amateurs. 

That's actually a pretty ignorant statement. I still use those "old ones" and provide extra corner protection and get a return maybe once every 6-8 months, usually due to seam-splits or a warped record, not corner dings. It's not all about the mailer, it's about how you pack in general. I've actually received damaged records in those "stress free mailers" from time to time so they're not perfect. In order to keep my postage costs down I can't carry the ones amazon uses. 

I'd go on a limb and say that if you have to add something extra to modify the mailer, it's not a very good mailer. But yeah, based on what you just said, I guess it was unfair to say people only use them because they're ignorant, obviously some also use them because they're stingy. :D

Edited by slinch

Those “stress-free” mailers are fine, but I don’t consider them the pinnacle of shipping records. The only issue I have is sometimes it seems as if the record is pinched down a bit, and I’m careful to remove it - never resulted in damage, though. 

That said, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with plain  square ‘amateur’ u-line boxes, as long as the packager knows what he’s doing. I have sent out something like 150 records using new and re-used boxes just like that, with typical liners and bubble wrap, and not a single negative feedback. I got chewed out one time for using ‘random’ cardboard in my shipment, but I am just thrifty and re-use everything. Old unusable boxes get chopped into square liners and that sort of thing. I refuse to spend 35 bucks or whatever for a pile of ‘official quality’ square shaped cardboard.