EHughes527

Twisted Records Thread (Shpongle, Hallucinogen, Ott, Prometheus, Younger Brother)

113 posts in this topic

younger-brother-and-shpongle-release-new

 

Shpongle fans rejoice!

After a hiatus, it appears that Twisted Records is getting into the swing of things again soon!

Released:

- Shpongle - Are You Shpongled? - Remastered Vinyl Release (3xLP) - Released 6/30 - Sold out by 7/1.

 

On the way confirmed:
- Shpongle - Codex 6 - Vinyl Release - Sept 4 2017.

 

On the way rumored:

- Shpongle Studio Album Vinyl Box Set - based on a discussion I've had with Simon Holtom (label owner).

 

Edited by EHughes527
Updated info 7/1/17
axotyl likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, axotyl said:

box set would be great

 

Totally agree! Here's why I still have it marked as rumored. Here's part of my correspondence with Simon H.

His reply to me (from April 2015) about possible new vinyl...

 

Quote

" Hi Eric, 
im not sure at the moment still giving it lots of thought to be honest. i was tempted by a Shpongle heavy vinyl box set, but it's a lot of work and a lot of investment..As we none of the plates or artwork on file so we would have to master everything again and use completely new artwork.. And with (hopefully) Shpongle 6 at some point in the future wouldn't seem right to have a Shpongle box set but have one album missing from it...would it ? 

i guess it all depends on what Simon (Posford) decides to write next in his studio, if he feels like writing some Hallucinogen then maybe we can put one of those out on vinyl before the album..  "

The announcement of remastering AYS? leads me to believe that they are beginning this process.

Edited by EHughes527

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping that AYS? is reissued as a 3xLP.

The one thing that always stuck out to me with the existing vinyl pressing of AYS is how two whole songs didn't make it to the vinyl editions. 
Clearly, making AYS a triple LP with three whole discs of space would be the perfect answer to this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EHughes527 said:

I'm hoping that AYS? is reissued as a 3xLP.

The one thing that always stuck out to me with the existing vinyl pressing of AYS is how two whole songs didn't make it to the vinyl editions. 
Clearly, making AYS a triple LP with three whole discs of space would be the perfect answer to this. 

Yep. As a dance music fan it's something I see all the time (but its obvious the reasons why). There are some amazing albums and compilations that have great CDs and sometimes 1/2 or 2/3 of the tracks make it to vinyl.

EHughes527 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeeKaye said:

Yep. As a dance music fan it's something I see all the time (but its obvious the reasons why). There are some amazing albums and compilations that have great CDs and sometimes 1/2 or 2/3 of the tracks make it to vinyl.

Yup. With AYS, the two songs left off (but made it to other comps) took up an entire LP side each. 

Upping the release from 2xLP to 3xLP would appear to solve this issue. Fingers crossed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, davepriz said:

The world seriously needs an entire shpongle discography repress! Then give me some younger brother!

I've personally chatted with the Twisted label owner and they are waiting on Shpongle 6 to be completed (in progress) before doing the box set edition they'd like to put out. 

I suspect with a box set, individual copies will be available as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, EHughes527 said:

I've personally chatted with the Twisted label owner and they are waiting on Shpongle 6 to be completed (in progress) before doing the box set edition they'd like to put out. 

I suspect with a box set, individual copies will be available as well. 

 

So we should hold off getting AYS in favor of the box? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kanye West said:

 

So we should hold off getting AYS in favor of the box? 

I wont be. Your gamble.

Twisted isn't beholden to do a box, so it's always possible that it never happens. 

But I do know that they  genuinely want to do it, but I also know that they don't exactly rake in the cash so new releases are few and far between.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kanye West said:

They should take preorders for it and use that money to fund it. Enough fans for sure. 

The problem with that is they'd mostly likely be remastering 4 or 5 of the past albums (all 2xLP), so if they take preorders and say even one side of one of those  discs get rejected test presses the whole thing is held up.

 

Nothing worse for a label than taking money up front and having long delays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, EHughes527 said:

The problem with that is they'd mostly likely be remastering 4 or 5 of the past albums (all 2xLP), so if they take preorders and say even one side of one of those  discs get rejected test presses the whole thing is held up.

 

Nothing worse for a label than taking money up front and having long delays. 

I'd rather a long delay with a guarantee it's happening vs potentially never happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

will the release date and pre-orders be announced on the Twisted website?

I'm not on facebook and worried I miss the boat.

I have the full back catalogue on CD and been slowly building the vinyl collection on the 2nd hand market at great expense....

Know of the coming vinyl remasters and Shpongle 6 is a breath of fresh air  =)

EHughes527 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, o0o_G_o0o said:

will the release date and pre-orders be announced on the Twisted website?

I'm not on facebook and worried I miss the boat.

I have the full back catalogue on CD and been slowly building the vinyl collection on the 2nd hand market at great expense....

Know of the coming vinyl remasters and Shpongle 6 is a breath of fresh air  =)

I would certainly think so. Twisted can be a bit spotty on the social media end, but when it comes to selling stuff, they sure push it. 

I see you're new here, and would recommend that you Subscribe to this thread using your account. (near the top right of the page).

It gives you different options of how to get notified, if you don't plan on frequenting this board, I would just suggest you set it to the "One email per day with all new content from that day" option. That way if/when there are releases available, it'll certainly be discussed here and you'll be pinged.

Just my two cents!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess what I got my hands on... They sound FANTASTIC! It's amazing to finally have all the tracks in one place.
I do not however have any indication of when the preorder may be. 

This was the song layout:

Tracklist
A1    Shpongle Falls    
A2    Shpongle Spores    
B    Vapour Rumours    
C    Monster Hit    
D    Behind Closed Eyelids    
E    Divine Moments Of Truth    
F    ...And The Day Turned To Night

iAlRssR.jpg

 

 

Edited by EHughes527
jhurskas, WAXXX and davepriz like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are You Shpongled? changed my life when I first heard it back in 2002 or 2003.  Nobody fucking knew about them then, and they almost disappeared.  Thankfully, the jamband scene blew them up and now they've got the notoriety they deserve. 

 

Hearing Sphongle Falls on vinyl must be a fucking glorious trip to heaven.....  i can't even imagine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now