Twisted Records Thread (Shpongle, Hallucinogen, Ott, Prometheus, Younger Brother)

So this isn't Twisted related but I think you guys will freaking dig this stuff.  I was listening to Paul Van Dyk on FB today and he mentioned this one album...  BT - "Ima" and so I decided to check it out.  I think you guys will flip over this if you haven't heard it.  It's from 1995... and it's sorta goa-ish. 

and especially make sure you hear THIS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHfM3Xq3q5E

http://www.eventim.co.uk/tickets.html?fun=erdetail&doc=erdetaila&erid=1958392

++++Every Ticket holder will receive a free promo only exclusive unreleased Shpongle record upon entry to the venue !!! These will not be available anywhere else…ever.++++

Really crossing my fingers that a bunch of these will hit the web. Bummer it'll be flipper prices, but maybe we'll get lucky and it wont be. They are being given out free to everyone who goes, and not everyone will be into vinyl, let alone flexi discs... 

Edited by EHughes527

• 2 weeks later...

I found this interesting - some guy on discogs has a clear AYS for sale that has a label defect. Has pics, it's an interesting defect.

It's a bummer tho - b/c for such an expensive album, that's a hard sell. You'll never be able to play that side. Only an uber collector would prob consider it. Edit: According to the seller, they've played it on the defect side and it appears to work to a degree...

Very funny Missprinting Label on first record, first side, I play this part and I was wondering it works, defenitely you hear some background noise when the needle passing the misprinted Label but it do not scipp or hang or slide, rest of (side B,C,D) absolutely clean surface and high quality sound,

More Pics: http://undergroove.de/collection.php?Artist=1067

b2.JPG

Edited by EHughes527

4 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

uber collector? more like a moron. it's a defective vinyl.

I'm telling ya, there's uber collectors that would already have a copy that's not defective, would see this, and go, 'Hmm, that's unique...' 
And that's all it takes. It sure piqued my interest, but I'm an uber collector... 

Dunno if I'd be in it for the full current asking price, but I'll definitely put it on my watch list and when it's still unpurchased 6months-a year later, you swoop in and offer to take it off their hands and help them recoup their investment (looks like a reseller)

VcVT3TZ.jpg
3xLP Test Presses
iAlRssR.jpg

26 minutes ago, arck2412 said:

Looks like only 171 are currently available to order -- someone on Twisted's facebook page said it looked like there were only 200 when it first went up for sale. Wonder if that's actually correct? Seems like an awfully small limitation...

There's no way that only 29 of these have sold so far.

6 hours ago, Kanye West said:

I want to buy this but do we really know how "limited" it is? Will this be in stores like Amoeba? So many questions. ERICCCCC

No idea on pressing qty. In a tight spot cash-wise myself right now. Hoping these are still available til next payday :-/

Last album MoC was readily available for some time after sales started... can't be sure this will though...