Twisted Records Thread (Shpongle, Hallucinogen, Ott, Prometheus, Younger Brother)

1 minute ago, JustSchwimmer said:

I don't order from Amazon a ton, what about all the others listed from other sellers, do you think its black?

That's completely unknown. Like, might this Blue variant be something akin to the 'Indie Store Variants' that have become more common as of late. 

Maybe we're only seeing places like Amazon and possible other retailers because it's a variant made for a specific market?

Got a response from Simon about the blue Codex VI on IG...

Says it's "A special limited run for our UK distributor" 

And when asked about press size: "Dunno... 500?"

So, I'm unsure if he's mixing this up with the /500 Green variant that was an SRD (their UK distributor) exclusive press. Asked some follow ups... Will update if he responds further.

Edited by EHughes527

38 minutes ago, EHughes527 said:

Got a response from Simon about the blue Codex VI on IG...

Says it's "A special limited run for our UK distributor" 

And when asked about press size: "Dunno... 500?"

So, I'm unsure if he's mixing this up with the /500 Green variant that was an SRD (their UK distributor) exclusive press. Asked some follow ups... Will update if he responds further.

Thanks for trying to clarify - I was thinking about writing them too.

Especially with all this pricing nonsense from Psilowave.

I managed to snag the last copy that has been available a few days ago - before another batch went up - and asked why this last copy has been up for a higher price. The answer: That was my last copy and I debated whether or not to keep myself a copy, in the end I put it up for sale, hence the slightly higher price, which to be fair was still a good price compared to what they will be changing hands for in the future.

Didn't know what to think of that back then and surely don't know what to think about it know since more copies are purchasable...

Maybe you can ask Simon about that, I don't use Instagram...

8 minutes ago, phramenma said:

Thanks for trying to clarify - I was thinking about writing them too.

Especially with all this pricing nonsense from Psilowave.

I managed to snag the last copy that has been available a few days ago - before another batch went up - and asked why this last copy has been up for a higher price. The answer: That was my last copy and I debated whether or not to keep myself a copy, in the end I put it up for sale, hence the slightly higher price, which to be fair was still a good price compared to what they will be changing hands for in the future.

Didn't know what to think of that back then and surely don't know what to think about it know since more copies are purchasable...

Maybe you can ask Simon about that, I don't use Instagram...

I'm sure Simon has never even heard of Psilowave. They're a brand new distribution label and they would be dealing with SRD for those copies, probably not Twisted and definitely not Simon.

Please do reach out to Twisted tho. I think they might be our best bet on getting an answer on this. I'm going to still attempt to get a contact over at SRD to talk to me too.

Edited by EHughes527

3 minutes ago, EHughes527 said:

I'm sure Simon has never even heard of Psilowave. There a brand new distribution label and they would be dealing with SRD for those copies, probably not Twisted and definitely not Simon.

Yeah, I can imagine that.

But it's still the only place to get the green one, right?

If not I'm thinking about returning mine and ordering a blue one instead - because I'm not a friend of this behaviour and the blue one is much cheaper...

EDIT: @EHughes527Thanks for thinking of me and tagging me for the blue one. :)

Edited by phramenma
Thanks

4 minutes ago, arck2412 said:

So we don't know if the current Amazon stock is blue or not?   I really want to pick up a copy but don't know if I should pull the trigger. Man, what a mess this is...

Amazon should be blue according to @EHughes527 : https://www.amazon.com/CODEX-VI-3-LP-Blue/dp/B07323YG3F

But I prefer the green ones with the artwork - if it wouldn't have such a pricetag.

Edited by phramenma
Link

1 minute ago, phramenma said:

Amazon should be blue according to @EHughes527 .

But I prefer the green ones with the artwork - if it wouldn't have such a pricetag.

It sounds like he/we are no longer sure though since the number left went back up:

13 hours ago, EHughes527 said:

Ok, so the stock amount just jumped up from "1 left" to "20 left" - maybe more blue copies? Maybe not. Buyer beware.

3 minutes ago, arck2412 said:

It sounds like he/we are no longer sure though since the number left went back up:

But as the link surely says CODEX-VI-3-LP-Blue - I would give it a shot and if it's black contact the customer service.

Make a screenshot and you should be good, at least that's my opinion... ;)

I just got positive confirmation from a user on Discogs that Amazon UK has green copies from this URL:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Codex-6-VINYL-Shpongle/dp/B07323YG3F/ref=tmm_vnl_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1513358467&sr=8-1

I'm going to guess that both blue and green copies are SRD exclusives, but that blue is a US  market variant and green is a UK market variant. Possibly both /500

Edited by EHughes527

Lol, so I excitedly explained getting the blue copy in from Amazon and the ordeal of not knowing which color, etc to my fiance, and she just looks at me and goes:

"So, you just got another copy of something you already own?"

XD She's not wrong. 

I refrained from telling her about the Green variant...

Edited by EHughes527

6 minutes ago, phramenma said:

Because I feel like I overpaid on that Psilowave order.

For that money I could've gotten both blue and green from Amazon - almost...

It's already at my doorstep - but I'm not home... :mellow:

So with all these returning costs it might be too late to think about it know.

I'll enjoy this one nonetheless.

23 minutes ago, phramenma said:

It's already at my doorstep - but I'm not home... :mellow:

So with all these returning costs it might be too late to think about it know.

I'll enjoy this one nonetheless.

Ah, gotcha. Welp, maybe just hold onto it then. I doubt it won't be sought after in the near future if you end up with buyer's remorse.