Twisted Records Thread (Shpongle, Hallucinogen, Ott, Prometheus, Younger Brother)

27 minutes ago, Widar said:

Awesome! Real cool story, almost wish I don't get the Toti remaster to see what'll turn up ;;;)

Yes! And also other stuff than albums! You got 13 skulls etc too, right?

24 minutes ago, Synaptik said:

Mr. Hughes.. you have 13 skulls on record..? 8|

Edit: 8| = gershtungtonflupped

Yes, I'll post all associated pressings.

Also, I think he's referring to Crystal Skulls EP

https://www.discogs.com/GMS-1300-Mics-Shpongle-The-Crystal-Skulls-EP/release/82556

5 hours ago, Widar said:

Shpongle FB;

wsTab95.png

That is AMAZING! Hallucinogen getting remasters as well?!
Now I really got my hopes up for a Younger Brother repress as well!

Great news! Thanks to these deluxe vinyl selling out, I bet Twisted is much more confident in releasing vinyl. I know Simon H had previously expressed that he just wasn't sure what the demand would be like (pre-AYS remaster). I think he's got his answer now.

1 hour ago, Widar said:

Yes, they now know that the vinyl will sell out.

Just found this on Facebook as well;

hrl3oEX.png

It's gonna be an expensive year for variant hunters... @EHughes527 :::)

BOX SET

Also, where did you see that snippet of conversation? Link?

Edited by EHughes527

Yeah, the box set will probably be standard editions... I'll have to get it as well off course... :::)

Edit: But i really wonder here. Simon said that he just found out about standard editions, the box set has been in the works for a while and i know that he knows about that. This oughta be individual standard releases.

It was in the comments on the tales RM drop.

In the responses following this comment;

fk35uwg.png

Edited by Widar

BTW... I figure this may be an appropriate place to ask, but does anyone here  have the 'Demented' compilation minidisc? 
It's a glaring hole in my collection, and I have a few extra AYS minidiscs that I'd be willing to trade with... or perhaps something else? 
(there's a couple on the bay and Discogs for ~$50 + international shipping, but I'm just not sure that's what I'm looking to pay for a minidisc - hence the trade)

This:

R-357833-1237227524.jpeg.jpg

For this: 

R-356339-1165047252.jpeg.jpg

Edited by EHughes527

Amazing stuff, Eric!

How did you get the testpressings and promos?

Never heard of the VA - Demented before, cool. That DMT remix is great, first time I heard it was during the 4 hour DJ set (20 year anniversary?) Raj n Simon played on Ozora back in '11.  Among the weirdest four hours in my life. :::)

1 minute ago, Widar said:

Amazing stuff, Eric!

How did you get the testpressings and promos?

Never heard of the VA - Demented before, cool. That DMT remix is great, first time I heard it was during the 4 hour DJ set (20 year anniversary?) Raj n Simon played on Ozora back in '11.  Among the weirdest four hours in my life. :::)

The 3xLP test press was by the grace of Simon H over at Twisted. He and I have been discussing the 3xLP configuration for literally YEARS, so I think he wanted my input on it when it came out, so he sent it to me for free (no joke). He also knew that I purchased another test press directly from him, so it was something I would be interested in. 

As for the other white label promos, I simply tracked those down on ebay and discogs. At the time, they were pretty cheap, but lately the ones I see pop up are roughly twice what I used to find them for. I almost never see the DMT single white label anymore either. 

6 minutes ago, EHughes527 said:

The 3xLP test press was by the grace of Simon H over at Twisted. He and I have been discussing the 3xLP configuration for literally YEARS, so I think he wanted my input on it when it came out, so he sent it to me for free (no joke). He also knew that I purchased another test press directly from him, so it was something I would be interested in. 

Great background story, and really nice of him. A cool item for sure!
Talked to him about the later TP's?

Just now, Widar said:

Great background story, and really nice of him. A cool item for sure!
Talked to him about the later TP's?

A long while back (~2014) he chatted with me about digging out the white label copies of the other albums from storage, but we never got around to talkin' turkey on those. **Might have to reach back out about that offer**