Twisted Records Thread (Shpongle, Hallucinogen, Ott, Prometheus, Younger Brother)

Status of the AYS 3xLP as of today:

"Its coming along. the artwork is being done now as we speak. Because the packaging is quite complex, there was a lot of discussion with the factory about printing techniques etc which took a lot of time to get everything exactly right..its going to be worth the wait.. "

No word on release date as of yet.

6 minutes ago, NavaMac said:

My bad, it appears to be on Raja's personal account on Facebook. He clarifies this at the bottom of the post.

Ah, I recall seeing that now. At the time I read that as the "last track" they finished was called "CORTEX6", but I can see how it could be read as the album's name as well. In fact 6th album, CORTEX6, i'm thinking you are right that it's the album name. 

2 minutes ago, EHughes527 said:

Oh it's happening!

I know haha I just hope I can afford it and don't miss out when it drops.  I listened to that Pleaidians thing too....  interesting stuff.  I thought the vinyl would be going for over $100 but you can get it on Discogs for under $50 haha, that's not that expensive to me. 

13 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I know haha I just hope I can afford it and don't miss out when it drops.  I listened to that Pleaidians thing too....  interesting stuff.  I thought the vinyl would be going for over $100 but you can get it on Discogs for under $50 haha, that's not that expensive to me. 

Closer to $85+ for anything that isn't beat to shit tho, but i hear ya. There's much deeper waters when it comes to psytrance on wax for sure.

Edited by EHughes527

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, NavaMac said:

Any update on the AYS repress? Twisted said preorders were going to be up beginning of February... can't wait to finally get my hands on it!

Really? Where did you see Feb mentioned? 

Edit: found the mention (from a Dec FB post)

Edited by EHughes527

Here's what Twisted told me privately about a month ago regarding this release (last I've heard):

"Hi Eric, 

Its coming along. the artwork is being done now as we speak. Because the packaging is quite complex, there was a lot of discussion with the factory about printing techniques etc which took a lot of time to get everything exactly right..its going to be worth the wait...once we have it locked down and into production, i will let you know the release date 

all the best "

Edited by EHughes527

Nice to see a (kind of) Psytrance thread on here. Since I live in India I grew up around the Psytrance scene especially as I would travel to Goa almost 2-3 times a year since it's pretty close by. I love the mid 90s Psy, but also the dark stuff like Dark Soho, etc. Been to some crazy parties back in the day at Hilltop, Bamboo Forest etc. Discogs is a great place to pick up some Psy on vinyl, i recently got some nice 12" singles and albums (Space Tribe, Logic Bomb, Ninja, etc). I did manage to snag Shpongle's Museum of Consciousness with the lenticular cover, which was pretty rad. Would love to get the earlier releases on vinyl, and of course some old school Infected Mushroom - not really dug much of their stuff after Converting Vegetarians, but their first few releases were top class.

I also managed to snag the 12" of possibly my favourite Psy track of all time (the one that got me into the music), Spiritual Healing by Muses Rapt.

Will follow this thread with eagerness.

Boom!

• 2 weeks later...

so, not sure if this is the best place to ask but do any of you guys have any recs for trance/house/goa/psytrance that features didgeridoo?  Somehow.... I only just discovered Aphex Twin's "Digeridoo" tonight.  I don't know how that eluded me forever, and I need more of didgeridoo and beats haha. 

I'm counting on you guys to have some sick suggestions!

On 4/17/2017 at 9:01 PM, Gumbo72203 said:

so, not sure if this is the best place to ask but do any of you guys have any recs for trance/house/goa/psytrance that features didgeridoo?  Somehow.... I only just discovered Aphex Twin's "Digeridoo" tonight.  I don't know how that eluded me forever, and I need more of didgeridoo and beats haha. 

And you've already explored Shpongle? If not, do the doo!

On 4/17/2017 at 9:01 PM, Gumbo72203 said:

22 hours ago, EHughes527 said:

the only albums I've ever physically had were Are You Shpongled? and Nothing Lasts Forever, so those are the ones I'm most familiar with.  I'll have to do some digging into the others.  Psytrance is great, but it gets old for me rather quickly. 

I'm looking for more something like a goa trance kinda thing, with more straight untz beats.  Kinda just like "Digeridoo" haha.  Something super danceable and rhythmic, not just the droning, sustained didgeridoo playing.  So if you know anything specific like that with didgeridoo playing over it, that'd be sick haha