Po: Radiohead - Kid A & Amnesiac 12" reissues

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Of course there's a little bit of inflation to consider over the last 11 years, but that's a huge spike.  I'd love to see them for $60, holy shit.  A few weeks before Radiohead, in April, I'll be catching Sigur Rós – those were $75 after fees, and I thought that was pretty hefty.  I haven't seen either band live so I'm excited, don't get me wrong, but my bank account certainly doesn't share the same level of enthusiasm.

I'm still wondering if it's worth it to see Sigur Rós because of the price. That being said, I'd see Radiohead for that price no doubt.

8 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I'm still wondering if it's worth it to see Sigur Rós because of the price. That being said, I'd see Radiohead for that price no doubt.

I saw sigur ros like 5 or so years ago. I bought a ticket on stubhub.com the day of for 12 bucks.

I was bored out of my mind.

My guess is you really have to love this band and be very familiar with their music to enjoy them live, otherwise it's pretty damm boring.

P.s. this is my opinion so no need for anyone to get all crazy

32 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Definitely worth it for that price. You must see Sigur Ros. Unless you don't like their music, of course. 

Sigur Ros on this past tour was ten times better than Radiohead on the King of Limbs tour.

26 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

I saw sigur ros like 5 or so years ago. I bought a ticket on stubhub.com the day of for 12 bucks.

I was bored out of my mind.

My guess is you really have to love this band and be very familiar with their music to enjoy them live, otherwise it's pretty damm boring.

P.s. this is my opinion so no need for anyone to get all crazy

You're crazy! 

In my experience, most bands are boring live if you aren't familiar with their music. 

7 minutes ago, ntslash said:

Definitely worth it for that price. You must see Sigur Ros. Unless you don't like their music, of course. 

Sigur Ros on this past tour was ten times better than Radiohead on the King of Limbs tour.

I like their music but I'm only familiar with like 3 of their albums

6 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I like their music but I'm only familiar with like 3 of their albums

Same here.  I enjoy [and own] everything they've put out but I only legitimately "know" 3-4 records really well.  But considering the visuals and general experience, I think they'd put on a great enough show for it to be worth the $70.  My coworker and his better half - who was completely unfamiliar with Sigur Rós - made an 8-hour drive up to Portland to see them last year.  They both said it was amazing and borderline life-affirming.  Coming from someone who's never listened to them before, that's quite the statement.  I've heard nothing but overwhelmingly positive reviews of their live shows – minus youspinmeround's, up there – and have seen enough footage to suspect a $70 price-tag will be worth it.  At least for me, anyway.

But I digress.  This thread is for Radiohead, no Sigur Rós.  I actually have no idea what to expect from Radiohead, live.  But for $120 I'm expecting to leave the venue with a new outlook on life.

5 hours ago, Derek™ said:

But I digress.  This thread is for Radiohead, no Sigur Rós.  I actually have no idea what to expect from Radiohead, live.  But for $120 I'm expecting to leave the venue with a new outlook on life.

I had a period where I downloaded a bunch of bootlegged live shows and there wasn't a dud in the bunch. Set lists when they headline are usually loooooong too from what I've seen. Judging from recent setlists ~23 songs which is pretty decent.

14 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Same here.  I enjoy [and own] everything they've put out but I only legitimately "know" 3-4 records really well.  But considering the visuals and general experience, I think they'd put on a great enough show for it to be worth the $70.  My coworker and his better half - who was completely unfamiliar with Sigur Rós - made an 8-hour drive up to Portland to see them last year.  They both said it was amazing and borderline life-affirming.  Coming from someone who's never listened to them before, that's quite the statement.  I've heard nothing but overwhelmingly positive reviews of their live shows – minus youspinmeround's, up there – and have seen enough footage to suspect a $70 price-tag will be worth it.  At least for me, anyway.

I was at that show in Portland. I've seen them quite a few times, and they are always amazing. That being said, this last show was different as it was just the three of them playing. No string section and stripped down guitars. It worked beautifully, as did the jaw dropping visuals. You're in for a treat. As well as with Radiohead...

19 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

I have seen radiohead a half dozen times since '97.. they're great.  I have seen TooL a have dozen times since '97, they're great.  I have seen Sigur Ros a half dozen times since around then, they're great... the last time I saw Sigur ros, this most recent stop in Vancouver as a three piece, was THE BEST concert i have ever been to, hands down.

I'd put radiohead and Tool as my two favourite bands, with sigur ros somewhere in the top 5 or 10.

7 hours ago, Cloudsbelow said:

I have seen radiohead a half dozen times since '97.. they're great.  I have seen TooL a have dozen times since '97, they're great.  I have seen Sigur Ros a half dozen times since around then, they're great... the last time I saw Sigur ros, this most recent stop in Vancouver as a three piece, was THE BEST concert i have ever been to, hands down.

I'd put radiohead and Tool as my two favourite bands, with sigur ros somewhere in the top 5 or 10.

I saw SR a few times pre-Takk when they were a 4-piece, and they were great. But, I can't really imagine them as a live act as a 3-piece. I could be wrong, but doesn't it sound kinda bare and thin without all the keys/organ/synth stuff that Kjartan used to add? I feel like he was such an integral part of that band. 

24 minutes ago, robes said:

I saw SR a few times pre-Takk when they were a 4-piece, and they were great. But, I can't really imagine them as a live act as a 3-piece. I could be wrong, but doesn't it sound kinda bare and thin without all the keys/organ/synth stuff that Kjartan used to add? I feel like he was such an integral part of that band. 

I've seen them as both and thought they were better as a 3-piece.