Jimmy Eat World - Integrity Blues (10/21)

2 hours ago, minty901 said:

Are there any long/epic songs on the album? Get Right is pretty short. Anything in the vein of 23? Or atmospheric tracks like Drugs or Me?

How the heck did you get this?

"Pol Roger" would be my closest comparison to 23, but a little heavier. Or "The End Is Beautiful" which reminds me a lot of "Hear You Me". There are a lot of songs that almost sound like they could have been on Futures and some just not at all. 

4 hours ago, futures said:

must be a reviewer of some sort

I work in the industry for a music publisher. We get watermarked copies to pitch for film and tv. Got the new tbs also. You would be surprised how far out we get some albums. I havehad the new moby album since last august and it still hasn't come out. It actually surprises me that stuff doesn't leak earlier. I guess watermarks scare a lot of people 

Didn't think much of the single, but still looking forward to checking the album out. Liked quite a few tracks on Damage, and the guys still slay live. I made a lot of good friends thanks to this band.

Gutted the London shows are mid-week, otherwise I definitely would've flown over for them. Can't take the time off work :(

40 minutes ago, Burkazoid said:

Didn't think much of the single, but still looking forward to checking the album out. Liked quite a few tracks on Damage, and the guys still slay live. I made a lot of good friends thanks to this band.

Gutted the London shows are mid-week, otherwise I definitely would've flown over for them. Can't take the time off work :(

speaking of which, hi burkey, its scott (or with-lucky-denver-mint on the BBS board!). good to see youre still keeping an eye on jimmy. every 3 years i revert back to my fanatical state, trying to get every little detail i can on the new album. will never let this band go!

Seeing them on the Futures 10 Year Anniversary Tour was a dream come true. Was the first time I had ever seen them. Best part was they played here in my home town, at a venue I was helped build and was the project manager for. Managed to get the set list that was thrown into the crowd, and then got it signed. Will never forget that night. 

5 hours ago, minty901 said:

speaking of which, hi burkey, its scott (or with-lucky-denver-mint on the BBS board!). good to see youre still keeping an eye on jimmy. every 3 years i revert back to my fanatical state, trying to get every little detail i can on the new album. will never let this band go!

Hey man! I had no idea you were on here. I did spot you on the JEW subreddit recently though :)

Seeing the guys perform Clarity and Futures in full back-to-back was incredible and definitely one of my favourite gigs. In saying that, most of their gigs I've been to hold great memories.

Edited by Burkazoid

9 minutes ago, Burkazoid said:

Hey man! I had no idea you were on here. I did spot you on the JEW subreddit recently though :)

Seeing the guys perform Clarity and Futures in full back-to-back was incredible and definitely one of my favourite gigs. In saying that, most of their gigs I've been to hold great memories.

I wasn't on here before. I confess I just signed up when the new album got announced (please don't hate me, I have preordered the vinyl). Yeah I've posted on reddit; I'm kind of going wherever there's discussion about JEW because unfortunately there isn't a central resource anymore like there was in the BBS days. Although realistically if there was still a message board I'm sure it would be pretty dead by now anyway.

Yeah I didn't get to see the Clarity -> Futures gig which is such a bummer; that must have been amazing. I always enjoy their gigs but last year seeing Jim on his solo tour was by far the most special. Probably my favourite ever concert. Something just so personal about the whole experience. Can't wait for this album. Often my listening habits for Jimmy Eat World wane in-between albums, and then when a new album gets announced I always almost involuntarily bounce back into fanboy mode. There's never been a band that has got under my skin in the same way. I really like the new single too mostly because it sounds quite comfortable for JEW, whereas I felt CTL and Invented were in some sense them trying to hard to accomplish something that isn't really "them". Whatever that means. So yes I'm excited, especially since the production is back to being full-sounding after Damage, which fell quite flat I think, production-wise.

12 minutes ago, Le Gogh said:

Well I'm miffed. Just found out that there's a train strike on the only two days they're playing in London, so there's no way for me to get there. Guess that's me not going then...

WHAT!

can you link me to information about this?

Edit: Found this http://news.sky.com/story/southern-rail-staff-to-stage-48-hour-strike-in-september-10548696

I guess it won't affect anyone travelling from the North down to Kings Cross, which is good, but I really feel sorry for everyone who may not be able to make it to the gig as a result of this.

Edited by minty901

10 minutes ago, minty901 said:

WHAT!

can you link me to information about this?

Edit: Found this http://news.sky.com/story/southern-rail-staff-to-stage-48-hour-strike-in-september-10548696

I guess it won't affect anyone travelling from the North down to Kings Cross, which is good, but I really feel sorry for everyone who may not be able to make it to the gig as a result of this.

Yeah I think you'll be alright, not sure who operates those lines though. I live in the south (East Grinstead), and commute up for work etc. Every time they've been on strike my last train home is 6pm, and if I don't make that I'm pretty much stranded, so that's fun... 

HOPEFULLY they'll call it off. They have in the past. Tickets don't go up until Friday next week anyway, so fingers crossed! 

20 hours ago, minty901 said:

I always enjoy their gigs but last year seeing Jim on his solo tour was by far the most special. Probably my favourite ever concert. 

I let this completely pass me by since I wasn't really into his solo stuff (and because I'm an idiot), and completely overlooked the fact he'd be playing tons of JEW stuff. The footage I've seen from the gigs looked fantastic. Gutted I missed that.

1 hour ago, Burkazoid said:

I let this completely pass me by since I wasn't really into his solo stuff (and because I'm an idiot), and completely overlooked the fact he'd be playing tons of JEW stuff. The footage I've seen from the gigs looked fantastic. Gutted I missed that.

The 7" series he put out was awesome. Check it out, probably better than Damage even though I liked Damage.