PO NOW : Metallica - Hardwired...to Self Destruct

8 hours ago, Sasan said:

Inventive like that sound on St.Anger? :D

I'm just happy when he manages to keep the bpm somewhat constant within a song...

Good point! 

I dunno though, I just feels like the whole song is literally the same offbeat pattern.

I definitely want to hear the album, but I don't think it'll be a pre-order for me. 

Amazon US orders up.......No Coloured 2LP around yet.....kept that order open through Metallica.com and re ordered these for the cheaper shipping

2LP - Black 180gm - https://www.amazon.com/Hardwired-hellip-Self-Destruct-Metallica/dp/B01KP8CT3C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1471674308&sr=8-2&keywords=Metallica+hardwired

Two disc set, 180 gram, 33 1/3 RPM + Digital Download

3Lp Coloured Vinyl Box set -https://www.amazon.com/Hardwired-hellip-Self-Destruct-Limited-Deluxe/dp/B01KP8CSWY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1471674308&sr=8-4&keywords=Metallica+hardwired

Three LP disc set, 180 gram, 33 1/3 RPM, limited edition colored vinyl (version exclusive to this product), digital download, lithograph photo print, Hardwired…To Self-Destruct themed buttons.

The Metclub sent out an email today notifying everyone who pre ordered the Deluxe Box set that the 3cd Deluxe edition is not included in the box set

OMG what a bunch of recyled crap.

Sounds like Death Magnetic Part II

The cover art looks like it was designed by a high school student with Photoshop.

And the title? "Hardwired...to Self Destruct"? Cmon that just sounds so corny, may as well have been an A7X or FFDP album title...or maybe a title to an old Inspector Gadget episode.

I don't have much hope for this album, but I'll certainly give it a shot.

Edited by vinyl addict

58 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

That shitty sounding snare drum

Those shitty vocals

That hilarious attempt at "riffing"

No thanks, I'll stick with pre-1990 Metallica. 

Wait a sec. Are you seriously trying to suggest that these sober dudes approaching their mid-fifties don't rock as hard as they did when they were 20 year old drug & booze fueled party animals? Pretty weird man!

8 hours ago, 74R said:

Wait a sec. Are you seriously trying to suggest that these sober dudes approaching their mid-fifties don't rock as hard as they did when they were 20 year old drug & booze fueled party animals? Pretty weird man!

It's not the fact that they haven't really changed their style as they've gotten older, they just play a shittier version of what they once did. I mean opinions are opinions, but you can't seriously tell that you thibk this is anywhere near as good as Battery or For Whom The Bell Tolls. Some bands can age and still put out great shit. 

33 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

It's not the fact that they haven't really changed their style as they've gotten older, they just play a shittier version of what they once did. I mean opinions are opinions, but you can't seriously tell that you thibk this is anywhere near as good as Battery or For Whom The Bell Tolls. Some bands can age and still put out great shit. 

Nothing is as good as Battery, but much can be said for For Whom The Bell Tolls...

cmon, this is the best material they've put out within the past 15 years. They'll never write another Lignting or Puppets, so what are you expecting?

52 minutes ago, Satan said:

Nothing is as good as Battery, but much can be said for For Whom The Bell Tolls...

cmon, this is the best material they've put out within the past 15 years. They'll never write another Lignting or Puppets, so what are you expecting?

I'm not expecting anything at all, especially since St Anger. I don't expect them to write another classic. Maybe the rest will be better, but I'm not holding my breath. 

Edited by throughbeingcruel

1 hour ago, 74R said:

I honestly can't think of any bands that have been around for over 33 years & continue to release great music.

As far as current goes, I can name a few off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch.

Black Sabbath (though, this is their "last" tour. Will be seeing them Thursday)

Rush

Iron Maiden

Rolling Stones

U2

Aerosmith

ZZ Top

I guess Metallica would fall into this category as well. People are still buying it, so I guess it's "great music" to some people.

If you mean 33 years total and not currently making music then there's LOTS more. You need to broaden your music horizon.

4 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

As far as current goes, I can name a few off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch.

Black Sabbath (though, this is their "last" tour. Will be seeing them Thursday)

Rush

Iron Maiden

Rolling Stones

U2

Aerosmith

ZZ Top

I guess Metallica would fall into this category as well. People are still buying it, so I guess it's "great music" to some people.

If you mean 33 years total and not currently making music then there's LOTS more. You need to broaden your music horizon.

I'm not a fan of U2 or Aerosmith, but the latest Maiden record is pretty good. I'd also like to add NOFX, the Cure, and the Dwarves to that list. 

2 hours ago, 74R said:

17 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I'm not a fan of U2 or Aerosmith, but the latest Maiden record is pretty good. I'd also like to add NOFX, the Cure, and the Dwarves to that list. 

Yeah, I'm not a fan of U2 or Aerosmith either, but they are still making music, and people still love them.

Edited by vinyl addict
Trying to remove old quote box