Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree 2xLP/Infinity On High 2xLP Hot Topic represses

17 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Idk what else there is to say; I'm not gonna waste my money and if it saves someone else the ~$30 why not?

We get it, you don't want to "waste" your money.

However, the vast majority of owners have been pretty happy with the record....so maybe there is no need to post over and over again that you didn't like the quality.

13 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

However, the vast majority of owners have been pretty happy with the record....so maybe there is no need to post over and over again that you didn't like the quality.

Until today I had seen only negative reviews which is why I have no reason to believe anything other than poor pressing quality. If you (in the general sense) want to buy it, I suppose that's fine by me. I keep posting because a bunch of people came in and said the last run (which used the same plates as this one) was terrible, and people are still saying it might sound good. Won't let people get their hopes up.

Here's a 320kbps vinyl rip of the coke clear/maroon pressing. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-P_c3D_XUPsRFktUldGSXYzZWs

If you want to know how it's going to sound, there you go. The first song of each side is passable, then it gets worse until the last song of each side is a distorted mess.

19 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

I don't need to listen to your rip of the record as I listened to my personally copy this morning.  It sounded fine!  

As far as you only have seen negative reviews....check out discogs as it has a 4.55 out of 5.

Most people are probably reviewing the content rather than the pressing quality, and it's pretty common for VC'ers not to trust Discogs reviews. I'm surprised yours sounded fine to say the least, but I don't really feel like sitting here and arguing about it anymore so I guess I'll stop posting about it in this thread. 

Edit: Also, I was meaning for the rip to be for ANYONE to give a go before deciding to purchase it, just leaving it out there so people can hear what they're buying.

Edited by DOMAN127

32 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

I don't need to listen to your rip of the record as I listened to my personally copy this morning.  It sounded fine!  

As far as you only have seen negative reviews....check out discogs as it has a 4.55 out of 5.

It's a pretty flat record. I have the Coke bottle and it's on par with the crappy Victory stuff I have. 

Can confirm on this press. Last song on every side has a very noticeable spot where the sound greatly degrades in quality. The rest of the record sounds fine on my personal setup with tone control dialed in, but sounded bland upon first putting it on. Worth it to me personally as this will be far from my most played record. Coupon helped as well. Never would I ever buy this or similar presses for second hand market cost. That's rough.

27 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Or it could be who ever ripped has a bad copy or didn't rip it right....

If I didn't value my $20 more than I value my not wanting to beat my head against the wall I'd buy a copy myself and rip it too. Rips sound like ass, and I haven't heard a single good thing about it. Maybe you're the lucky one who got a good sounding press, but I am not buying any of the RPs off of this set of plates. If they do it right I'll jump at it, but I am not buying something just to say I own it.

1 hour ago, Matt Danish said:

It had a layer of bubble wrap around it. Who should I email?

So it was packed in a vinyl mailer?

Monday - Friday from 6am to 7pm PST
Saturday from 7am to 7pm PST
Sunday from 7am to 6pm PST

United States: 1.800.892.8674
Canada: 1.855.847.1400
International: 1.626.603.3182