Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree 2xLP/Infinity On High 2xLP Hot Topic represses

Sounds almost exactly like my old coke bottle pressing. Vinyl looks absolutely beautiful but unfortunately sound quality just isn't there.

Edit: Then again I just listened to the cd master of this album and even that doesn't sound incredible. 

Edited by hiimynameisron

1 minute ago, fixmein45s said:

i listened to the rip on my phone through headphones. it seems fine to me. maybe you guys are picking up on something im not but it sounds alright to me.

I guess you and stl_ben just weren't bothered by/didn't notice the distortion or something. In that case I'd call this pressing a safe purchase :)

1 hour ago, Caitlikesmusic said:

Is there now a release date for ioh and tttyg now that futct is up? @travis

TTTYG isn't happening as of right now, I just said I was trying to get it repressed. So far, no repress is in the works as far as I know.

Infinity on High has come in but it's not ready to go up for sale yet. More to come very soon on that.

5 minutes ago, parkinglot said:

I have a hard time taking anyone's judgement of sound quality seriously in a Fall Out Boy thread.

I can definitely tell a good record from a bad record. Like I'm listening to FUTCT right now and can confirm that there is some nasty inner groove distortion on each side. Other than that it sounds compressed pretty much the whole way through. Glad to finally own a copy of it, just wish it was a better quality pressing.

7 hours ago, museummouth said:

The OG press of FUTCT sounds phenomenal. If you can compare them, you'd be blown away by the difference.

I have both. I'm going to have to listen to each tonight to hear how bad it is. 

I usually just play the OG when I listen to it anyway, but I like to collect all of the variants.

as far as IOH - what's been said is accurate. Good sounding, not amazing, but good. The OG (picture disc) was so bad I framed it and will never listen to it again 

Picked up my copy today. 

Absolutely beautiful pressing. The colors really pop in person. 

I do, however, notice distortion on the last track of each side. You can actually see it in the grooves as well. 

The rest of the record sounds great though, and I'm glad to finally have an affordable copy of one of my favorite albums. 

On 8/31/2016 at 8:06 PM, travis said:

TTTYG isn't happening as of right now, I just said I was trying to get it repressed. So far, no repress is in the works as far as I know.

Infinity on High has come in but it's not ready to go up for sale yet. More to come very soon on that.

Do you have an estimated week/date that Infinity will go up for sale? I'm interested in buying another record at the moment but I want to make sure I don't buy that one and then have Infinity go up a day after or something so I can't afford it

got my copy. records looks awesome. i dont have any other pressings to compare it by but to me it could sound better - especially the last tracks on each side. ive definitely heard much worse sounding records from start to finish though. this is about what id expect from a HT exclusive. 

Edited by mattisr1984

44 minutes ago, mattisr1984 said:

got my copy. records looks awesome. i dont have any other pressings to compare it by but to me it could sound better - especially the last tracks on each side. ive definitely heard much worse sounding records from start to finish though. this is about what id expect from a HT exclusive. 

It has nothing to do with HT. 

It's the plates that the record company chose to reuse.