PO: John Frusciante - To Record Only Water For 10 Days (Jan 2017!)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-01-17 at 8:26 PM, Darnoc said:

Yep, guess I confused you with a Frusciante fan and vinyl collector. At what $$ do you draw the limit these days for artists you like or have you become disenfranchised by the limits of your pocketbook? I know this isn't a Niandra LaDes first press, and Lord knows that would've made ME jump without questioning the price at first, but this is a close runner up. I'm surprised at the lack of sellout too- i chalk it up to lack of exposure and hope to get a second copy if it gets discounted at some point. 

Not the first time I've thought about release costing too much only to regret later

Well done sir- beat me to it. Like the recording device touch-

You can call your rubber duckie, what you like-might be worth it. I'll stick with my appreciation for Frusciante and Like Water's first pressSwarovski-studded-Rubber-Duck-3.jpg241?cb=20091123063835

Wow!  Thanks for taking the time to find me, not one, but two special jpeg's, lover!  You're special!  If only we could see eye to eye... we could be great together! :)

200_s.gif

On 27/01/2017 at 5:06 AM, gpa21 said:

Back to serious business.  Has anyone received this yet?  I hear the packaging is a little underwhelming but how's the sound?

My first post!

Got this in the mail yesterday, packaging is very basic, no insert no info, just the two lps. Maybe that's how the original was packaged, ive never owned it so have nothing to compare it to.

As for the sound, I think it sounds great, nearly justifies the 60 au price tag.

17 hours ago, Fallen said:

My first post!

Got this in the mail yesterday, packaging is very basic, no insert no info, just the two lps. Maybe that's how the original was packaged, ive never owned it so have nothing to compare it to.

As for the sound, I think it sounds great, nearly justifies the 60 au price tag.

Pretty sure this is the first vinyl press for this. Glad to hear quality'service good - does etching say pirates press?

3 hours ago, Bronchitis said:

I would kill for Niandra Lades & Usually Just a T Shirt to be pressed. That album changed my life as a kid.

Agreed- listened to this on repeat during cross country road trips during college; made do with a 3rd Gen burned copy.

On 2017-01-17 at 0:48 AM, Darnoc said:

super limited niche demand releases make you invest.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/John-Frusciante-To-Record-Only-Water-For-Ten-Days-Vinyl-LP-Record-Sealed-New-/192093801337?hash=item2cb9aecb79:g:hYEAAOSw-0xYk1ZS

First one on the Bay, which usually tends to fetch some of the highest prices.  Doubt it will sell.  Even if he gets REAL lucky and gets a single, unaware, ignorant bidder, he will barely make a Starbuck's coffee from this after shipping, PayPal and eBay fees. #hopeyou'reinitforthelonggameinvestment

• 2 weeks later...