PO NOW: American Football - American Football (LP2) (Oct 21 2016; Polyvinyl)

On 8/25/2016 at 7:02 AM, justindinealone said:

just noticed bull moose has an indie exclusive variant listed.
http://www.bullmoose.com/p/23420002/american-football-american-football-lp2-limited-edition-indie-exclusive

i wonder if its different from the other confirmed?

180g Silver / Early Bird Artist D2C - /250 **says /250 but the mockup's product sticker looks like it says 300**

180g Metallic Gold - /3000

180g Orange

180g Red/Orange Starburst

Did anyone ever determine what the US Indie Exclusive is supposed to be?  

Edited by BrainGilliams

6 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

I find it hard to believe that they can't and assume they simply won't.

Probably bang on the money there. I imagine a disproportionate amount of the vinyl was snatched up by the American market and they figured that a blanket refusal was the way to go because they were either getting inundated with whiny emails or so much of /250 went to America they didn't feel they could in good conscience still claim it was a UK/EU exclusive. Either way it's shady as all hell. I would've liked to grab a silver initially but I ordered an orange crush after they sold out. It happens with limited records all the time, the first come first served model means you aren't always going to walk away with what you want but it's at least fair. Taking money from people who want a product only to give it back a week later when you decide you don't want THEM in particular to have it is bullshit.

I sadly can see the after market on this being even more competitive and exploitative than previously expected.

Well said. It's as if they thought American vinyl collectors wouldn't want the most limited variant of record from a band that's still extremely popular here (and called goddamn American Football).

This could've been easily prevented had they just kept the pressing numbers quiet until the gold/silver sold out. Hell, the gold probably would've been sold out day one if that were the case.

2 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

What fucking legal reasons? Good thing they already sent my refund. I was about to not even re-order a domestic copy of this album if they made me wait for it.

The distribution rights for the US belong to PV, so they can't actively sell against them most likely. 

6 minutes ago, jacobe said:

The distribution rights for the US belong to PV, so they can't actively sell against them most likely. 

That's fine and it happens pretty often, but why did it take them a week to realize that and finally refund people?  There should have been no way to order from the US or a very clear disclaimer that any US orders would not be honored.

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

Maybe they didn't expect someone to post a link to it to non-EU customers.

Well they probably got plenty of orders from the US for the most recent Owen release, so I don't buy that defense.

Also, I didn't order the silver thanks to some restraint but I still think it's a shitty situation for my American brethren that did.

8 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Americans finally figured out a way to break through the EU internet wall!

It could be the Owen LP's coming stateside that brought it to PV's attention. 

Ideally, they'd trade copies for each others stores for bundles or sales and make everyone happy (until everyone complained). 

1 hour ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Every time I see the art for the debut I think of Mineral's endserenading. I think their artwork really fits their sound. I can see how the break in text might upset the OCD crowd but not everything has to be squared away neat and tidy.

i am so ocd, i notice that every the used released via hopeless has had a minor typo usually with the copyright (c)