PO: Nirvana - "Incesticide" (2016 Geffen release)

Bull Moose has it up for pre-order now...

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/1033371/nirvana-incesticide

Geffen must be acting inordinately secretive about this release to their distros - check out the deliberately (?) flippant release date BM notes :)

They do say shipping TBA as well above the add to basket button...

Jim

I was in my local record store 3 months ago and found a copy of the last repress. Brand new for $19. I ALWAYS check the Nirvana section at my local shop and when i saw it i let out a slight scream. I went to the register trying to act all cool and i asked the guy (an older gentleman that owns the shop) where it came from and he said he found it at his house in a box with a bunch of other records that were from an order years ago that he misplaced and never made it into the shop. I felt so lucky yet a tad guilty because he could have gotten much more for it but i was thrilled to find it at such a great price and not have it be a bootleg!

10 hours ago, Erizk182 said:

I was in my local record store 3 months ago and found a copy of the last repress. Brand new for $19. I ALWAYS check the Nirvana section at my local shop and when i saw it i let out a slight scream. I went to the register trying to act all cool and i asked the guy (an older gentleman that owns the shop) where it came from and he said he found it at his house in a box with a bunch of other records that were from an order years ago that he misplaced and never made it into the shop. I felt so lucky yet a tad guilty because he could have gotten much more for it but i was thrilled to find it at such a great price and not have it be a bootleg!

Did you ask what else was in that box? Rad find man. 

• 2 months later...
41 minutes ago, highfives said:

I'm gonna sell the OG cuz I'd imagine this one's better

43 minutes ago, kannibal said:

Funny you say that considering you think this tops the ORG cut of Incesticide. I couldn't justify the original $45 price tag and I'm not sure I can justify it now, either. 

Oh. I wasn't clear. The RSD 45 is very good.  The ORG is also very good. To be honest I can't tell the difference soundwise. I do t think one is better than the other (and both are infinitely better than the original pressing). 

I was just saying people won't be disappointed with the 45 rpm RSD repress. 

Edited by timsimmons

I don't doubt they could improve on Nevermind if they once again cut all analogue and like the 2LP 45rpm sent to Bernie Grundman Mastering...Bellman is one of the best in the biz and I can't imagine there is much difference whether he cuts it or Bernie cuts it. The ORG Incesticide was Bernie, the 2LP 45rpm was Bellman. I'd certainly pony up the money to try.

Had a shootout with the MOFI, original US vinyl and the UK 320 B2B 2008 release with the blue ORG and the ORG for me was the winner, most noticeably in the upper frequencies of Grohl's hi-hat/cymbals. Even the MOFI failed to resolve them with such clarity. My buddy who originally owned the MOFI ended up ordering the ORG and I think made $200 for his MOFI.

Incesticide: I had the clear and black ORG as well as the 45rpm and my impression was the 45rpm had an edge in bass and sounded a little more alive. It wasn't a big difference by any means, the ORG is a cracker! But I did find it easy to decide to keep the 45rpm and gift the ORG to my sister who loves vinyl and Nirvana...she was thrilled. I've had a few Nirvana fans listen to this record after surmising that the fidelity couldn't ever be impressive on this mish mash of different recording sessions and be blown away. It's a very impressive cut.

Paid $22 for the ORGs directly from their website and I got lucky on the RSD 45 and paid US$25 at Record Theater in Buffalo, NY. $25!! I heard most stores were selling this for around $50. Maybe RT messed up the list pricing?

Absolutely awesome news for those that missed out on the 45 that they're reissuing it. Well done UMe.

Edited by dobyblue

On 11/21/2016 at 6:32 PM, youspinmeround said:

Many different current presses of this

The version that is pressed at Pallas by geffen is the version that replicates the org plates

amazon says the new presss of the 45rpm incesticide is remasterd by bernie for the 25th anniversary.. do we think thats the case or is it the same cut as rsd by Chris Bellman (who works at bernie G mastering)?

• 1 year later...