Chance The Rapper - Coloring Book Vinyl

43 minutes ago, samferguson17 said:

Got Coloring Book and Acid Rap in today. Everything's as you said. Coloring Book was pleasantly surprising but man alive the clear Acid Rap is hard to listen to. Not to mention there's a crack at the edge of one disc and a corner of the jacket was bent.

Every order I've ever made from Vinyl Digital has bent covers but that sucks about the crack. They will send you another copy once it's back in stock if you email them

Edited by joshman150

I fucking hate quiet locked grooves (forget it's happening at the end of the side, leave turntable spinning for hours).  Is side D of this a locked groove (made purposely) or is it only my copy and I just have some wack dead wax thing happening?  Might try to get another if it's just mine, as I've already left it spinning too long multiple times.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, joshman150 said:

There is only one pressing they are all good quality, way better than acid rap.

The Acid Rap release is a 50/50 thing.. the pink ones were supposedly good quality for a bootleg but then the second pressing on clear were god awful (I got this one).

Personally, after two orders and three records I am def. done with vinyldigital. Even the official release of Cunninlynguists I got sounded pretty mediocre and all 4 sides were filled with surface scratches like the employees got bored and decided to play a game of frisbee before packaging it up. Then all 3 records jackets were also damaged as well in multiple spots. It seems like a lot of people are happy with them though.

Pull the trigger. I bought one on eBay for $45. It was shipped properly. The cover was great and the pressing was amazing. I highly recommend! There have been reports of a small skip on "Angels" which I did get but after a few plays and a spin clean it must have fixed itself! 9.5/10! 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/262616288808 

Edited by Futurevinyl
Added link

4 minutes ago, teddy said:

This is back in stock and I'm iffy due to the complaints of bent covers. I'm OCD when it comes to stuff like that. Is there even a chance that I could get lucky?

I've made 3 orders from VD. Acid Rap arrived in perfect condition, my next order was Mac Miller- watching movies,  showed up completely destroyed full of cover rips and bent corners. Now I have Coloring book on the way, if it shows up in bad condition it will be my last order from them.

13 minutes ago, teddy said:

This is back in stock and I'm iffy due to the complaints of bent covers. I'm OCD when it comes to stuff like that. Is there even a chance that I could get lucky?

I just got a shipment of three Kanye albums in and they arrived flawlessly. It really seems to be luck of the draw

On 10/5/2016 at 3:34 PM, hype said:

The Acid Rap release is a 50/50 thing.. the pink ones were supposedly good quality for a bootleg but then the second pressing on clear were god awful (I got this one).

Personally, after two orders and three records I am def. done with vinyldigital. Even the official release of Cunninlynguists I got sounded pretty mediocre and all 4 sides were filled with surface scratches like the employees got bored and decided to play a game of frisbee before packaging it up. Then all 3 records jackets were also damaged as well in multiple spots. It seems like a lot of people are happy with them though.

Are you talking about the release of SJV3?  I agree it was done poorly.  What's odd is that the original plates were 45rpm, and that version sounded amazing...then V-D comes and drops a crackly, sibilant, 33rpm that is still a 2xLP.  Made no sense to me.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Futurevinyl said:

Actually, the Coloring Book boot sounds amazing. You should probably check your facts before you trash boots. 

the screwed up thing though is that it was out of stock so this is probably a new run and if that is the case everyone that has a copy from before does not matter at all. I have been screwed a couple times where the initial release was getting good reviews but the copy I got was from a separate run (with all matching numbers) and it ends up sounding awful. like acid rap since we are in a chance thread, the copy I got is easily the worst sounding record in my collection by far. they are so amazingly inconsistent with quality I will never buy from them again personally. i messaged them twice asking if there way anyway I could return and get a copy from the next run or something since it was literally unplayable and both times I did not even get a reply. i know a lot of people have good experiences with them but the three times I bought from them was all bad so I completely understand people that are against them.

On 10/17/2016 at 8:47 AM, thievedrelic said:

Are you talking about the release of SJV3?  I agree it was done poorly.  What's odd is that the original plates were 45rpm, and that version sounded amazing...then V-D comes and drops a crackly, sibilant, 33rpm that is still a 2xLP.  Made no sense to me.

yeah.. i got excited when I found out they used those plates and figured it would be solid but they once again dropped the ball and this was the my final straw with them. not nearly as bad as my acid rap copy but still pretty pathetic considering how fantastic the original version sounded.

on a positive note I was talking with Kno and he told me Will Rap For Food is being pressed right now so that will be available again at least.

11 hours ago, hype said:

yeah.. i got excited when I found out they used those plates and figured it would be solid but they once again dropped the ball and this was the my final straw with them. not nearly as bad as my acid rap copy but still pretty pathetic considering how fantastic the original version sounded.

on a positive note I was talking with Kno and he told me Will Rap For Food is being pressed right now so that will be available again at least.

I'm holding my breath for an Oneirology reissue so that I don't have to drop $250 on it.  I can't believe they only originally pressed 500.  OK, done pirating this thread for CL talk!

On 11/17/2016 at 9:12 AM, firefoxussr said:

There's a version of Coloring Book being passed around on reddit that sounds boss btw.  It appears to be made from the original posting, the one that had actual dynamic range (like 10db instead of the 7db of subsequent releases).   If anyone doesn't wanna find it, hit me up.

PM'd, I'd love to hear this.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, starchild237 said:

Does anybody have a copy of Coloring Book from the restock and can confirm that everything with the pressing is in order?  I'm assuming they repressed it and hope they don't run into the same issue as the Acid Rap repress did!

Just a heads up (and you're not the only one thinking this), but when "they" go "out of stock", its just to look like "they" go "out of stock". 

You know what I'm saying?  And thats my PSA for the day. :) 

1 hour ago, freedumb said:

Just a heads up (and you're not the only one thinking this), but when "they" go "out of stock", its just to look like "they" go "out of stock". 

You know what I'm saying?  And thats my PSA for the day. :) 

Ah alright, I just found a post on Discogs from a couple weeks ago of someone who just got the restock in the mail and they said that the quality's all good (except for a skip on Angels which others on there had mentioned as well from the first stock... haven't seen it mentioned in this thread though?)

My local shop just got a few copies in and I've asked them to set one aside for me.  Also did you ever figure out the locked groove thing with your copy??

btw your sig is too funny