Chance The Rapper - Coloring Book Vinyl

I hear so many people saying there Acid Rap copy sounded great but the one I got from vinyl-digital sounds awful.. I was not expecting it to become my best sounding record but it instantly became one of my worst.

I got one from the reissued run & my copy was not numbered on the back, just had plain white sleeves unlike others talking about the colorful sleeves and was clear colored.

This copy to be exact...

https://www.discogs.com/Chance-The-Rapper-Acid-Rap/release/6044799

anyone else with a copy from this run and it actually sounds good?

5 hours ago, Vinyl-N-Kicks said:

Found this today on eBay; hadn't seen these yet.  Pulled the trigger on one and it shipped out today.  Hopefully they sound as good as the acid rap pressing. B)  On a side note anyone else got tickets for the Coloring Book Tour?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/291854512146

Wow man, hope you didn't pay $60 before checking Vinyl Digital. Picked this up yesterday for about $25 shipped..

12 minutes ago, chunkrock said:

This is great news! Vinyl-Digital also has a coupon code right now for 10% off. Code: 1hundert

Anyone in Toronto want to combine shipping?

How long is that coupon valid?

Was going to try to wait til I get paid on the 1st and get Acid Rap (back in stock it looks like) and Coloring Book.

12 minutes ago, chunkrock said:

This is great news! Vinyl-Digital also has a coupon code right now for 10% off. Code: 1hundert

Anyone in Toronto want to combine shipping?

How long is that coupon valid?

Was going to try to wait til I get paid on the 1st and get Acid Rap (back in stock it looks like) and Coloring Book.

9 hours ago, hype said:

I hear so many people saying there Acid Rap copy sounded great but the one I got from vinyl-digital sounds awful.. I was not expecting it to become my best sounding record but it instantly became one of my worst.

I got one from the reissued run & my copy was not numbered on the back, just had plain white sleeves unlike others talking about the colorful sleeves and was clear colored.

This copy to be exact...

https://www.discogs.com/Chance-The-Rapper-Acid-Rap/release/6044799

anyone else with a copy from this run and it actually sounds good?

The most recent run of clear vinyl sounds like total shit. But the original Pink/yellow run which was numbered on the back sounds fantastic. Those are going for like $200 now tho.

2 hours ago, chunkrock said:

Looks like Vinyl Digital have taken it off of Discogs and you can't add it to their cart on their site. Bummer :( I was just about to order it.

I wonder if there's been a problem with. Pressing issue, cease and desist etc. It was part of an order I made nearly a week ago and they still haven't even taken payment for it, let alone fulfil the order.

3 hours ago, PookdaddyG said:

Same. I wanted to add the misc. Frank Ocean track bootleg to my order, but it was sold out. Hopefully I can get it whenever endless/blonde are pressed

I know they will for sure be doing a blonde bootleg but I really hope Frankie doesn't let us down like he did with channel orange and releases an official vinyl. I will say my black bootleg of channel sounds absolutely fantastic. 

13 hours ago, samferguson17 said:

I wonder if there's been a problem with. Pressing issue, cease and desist etc. It was part of an order I made nearly a week ago and they still haven't even taken payment for it, let alone fulfil the order.

Listened to the vinyl a couple times and from what I can tell there is no pressing issue.  If anyone is hesitant on this vinyl I would definitely recommend getting a copy.  The quality on this is definitely better than the acid rap pressing and feels a bit heavier as well.  Hopefully vinyl-digital is able to get these again soon.  Had a friend of mine who got his order canceled yesterday stating that they didn't have stock left and might be 4-5 weeks before receiving more in.

On 3 September 2016 at 4:42 PM, timsimmons said:

Man, this is a good pressing. A little bit of surface noise. Hopefully a couple more cleanings will take care of that. But this sounds great. Way better than that Acid Rap copy I have (clear).

Got Coloring Book and Acid Rap in today. Everything's as you said. Coloring Book was pleasantly surprising but man alive the clear Acid Rap is hard to listen to. Not to mention there's a crack at the edge of one disc and a corner of the jacket was bent.

Edited by samferguson17

19 minutes ago, samferguson17 said:

Got Coloring Book and Acid Rap in today. Everything's as you said. Coloring Book was pleasantly surprising but man alive the clear Acid Rap is hard to listen to. Not to mention there's a crack at the edge of one disc and a corner of the jacket was bent.

VD has really good customer service, I'm sure they will send you a replacement if you send them a picture of that crack.