PO: Carbon Based Lifeforms, 3 albums now available on vinyl

1 hour ago, lethalenforcer said:

I've been eyeing these for a while, but worry that purchasing them will open the floodgates on me buying endless amounts of ambient downtempo stuff.

It's a slippery slope and not 100% ideal to get up and flip the record over when you're just wanting to lay back and zone out, but I shudder to consider my library before its healthy dose of ambient / minimal / downtempo additions.

56 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

I think these have been up for quite a while. They were originally scheduled to go up for PO in the first week of June. Not sure if that got pushed back at all.

I honestly hadn't seen. Not much word on them in a while so I guessed I missed that original boat when he came back from holiday. Bummer. Will wait to see how much the black go for on discogs I spose.

10 minutes ago, JRHews said:

I honestly hadn't seen. Not much word on them in a while so I guessed I missed that original boat when he came back from holiday. Bummer. Will wait to see how much the black go for on discogs I spose.

That against the Invisible Man variants eh? I feel like I'd run the hell away from any type of splatter variant for this type of music.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought Hydroponic Garden on clear from these guys and my copy sounds great.  When I was running my CF brush over it before spinning, a lot of light-colored fuzz came off of the records.  I wonder if that is what is causing the complaints about the surface noise...people not cleaning the vinyl?  Barely any noise at all on mine.