PO NOW: Kings of Leon - We Are Like Love Songs

On October 14, 2016 at 3:43 PM, Dave Grohl said:

I'm really loving the album. As of now I love Mechanical Bull more, but I've also had a lot more time with it. Regardless, this album is fantastic. I might have to grab the clear now, since that's my favorite variant. Hmm.

I grabbed the clear today.  You won't be disappointed.  Goes beautiful with the whole package.  

7 hours ago, jmsmusic said:

Where did you get it from? FYE says sold out so I bough the blue from Amoeba 

Picked it up at an FYE in Woodbridge mall in New Jersey. Worth the 45 minute drive. They had 2 copies there.  Check your closest FYE.  Looks like it's back in stock online too

Edited by nycmale

2 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

I can't get enough of this album. It's a 8.5/10 for me. Might turn into a light 9.  'Muchacho' is the only track that I'm on the fence with. I like it more than I dislike, but it might just be the placement. I'm sure I'll get over it eventually.

Definitely a 9/10 for me. I agree about Muchacho too. The only song that's remotely close to average on the album. Otherwise I can't fault it. Getting better with each listen.

6 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

I can't get enough of this album. It's a 8.5/10 for me. Might turn into a light 9.  'Muchacho' is the only track that I'm on the fence with. I like it more than I dislike, but it might just be the placement. I'm sure I'll get over it eventually.

Man, Muchacho is one of my favorite songs off the album.  The middle of the album is perfect. 

Edited by januarytwenty

Seeing them in January. Well, I haven't bought tickets yet, but I'm hoping to see them in January. Little birthday present for the gf. She's the one that got me into them actually. 

I can't rank this album yet. Too early in tHe cycle. Still in the honeymoon phase for me. Those first 4 tracks in a row are so killer. "Find Me" is slowly becoming a top favorite song For me. "Waste a Moment" is already top-10 KOL song for me. 

Also, I truly love the song "Coming Back Again".  That vibe and pace are my

favorite KOL styles. They never play that song live because Nathan said he'd mess up too much. 

After learning the story behind every song, the concept of the album, and the recording process, this album is a solid 9.5 for me. Album of the year for me is either going to be this or Every Time I Die.  I really didn't except this to be as good as it is. I was thinking maybe a soft 8 or so, but god damn did it exceed my expectations. I think one of my favorite variables of this album is what Markus Darvs did to it. If it wasn't for him this album would be a lot more poppy.  Not a lot of bands can get to #7 and still be putting out great music, but they manage it. It's not ground breaking, nor does it redefine a genre, but it's a very, very solid album. I'm going to have to start switching between WALLS and Mechanical Bull to see if the new one can overtake, and I think it has a chance; we'll see. I think it has a strong chance because the subject matter for this album is dark, very dark. What I'm most surprised by is all the mediocre 3/5 star reviews this album is getting, but then again, having 'journalists' tell you what an album is worth is ridiculous.

'Walls' is easily my favorite song of the year, hands down.

8 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

After learning the story behind every song, the concept of the album, and the recording process, this album is a solid 9.5 for me. Album of the year for me is either going to be this or Every Time I Die.  I really didn't except this to be as good as it is. I was thinking maybe a soft 8 or so, but god damn did it exceed my expectations. I think one of my favorite variables of this album is what Markus Darvs did to it. If it wasn't for him this album would be a lot more poppy.  Not a lot of bands can get to #7 and still be putting out great music, but they manage it. It's not ground breaking, nor does it redefine a genre, but it's a very, very solid album. I'm going to have to start switching between WALLS and Mechanical Bull to see if the new one can overtake, and I think it has a chance; we'll see. I think it has a strong chance because the subject matter for this album is dark, very dark. What I'm most surprised by is all the mediocre 3/5 star reviews this album is getting, but then again, having 'journalists' tell you what an album is worth is ridiculous.

'Walls' is easily my favorite song of the year, hands down.

Sorry to be dense, but where'd you read about all the above info concerning the album?  I'm interested in knowing more about it...

Got my blue marble today. Looks stunning! Amazing quality gatefold sleeve and 180 gram. Bit funny how they've split the sides. I would've thought they'd have ended side 1 with Over but it ends after Muchacho making side 2 pretty short...

Edited by colbourne25

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my copy, love the album.. Just a little bummed with some shipping damage. Also, the booklet that came with my vinyl has a misprint.. It;s an 8 page booklet, but each 'piece' of paper is the same, basically i only have the lyrics for two songs.. and then two download codes.. Does anyone else have that problem or is it just me? My copy's in marbled blue from Amoeba