Whats New on VC

Hi

We did a system update today that featured the following changes.

- Security improvements (too many, too boring to explain)

- Perfomance improvements (too many, too boring to explain)

- When you mouseover the badge showing who liked a post, you will now see a larger list of who liked that post. You can still click to get the full list.

- Ratings now show half-stars for the average (for example, if one user votes 3 stars and another 4, it will show 3 and a half stars) and there is now an indication if you have rated something.

- When you are writing a new topic there is now a Preview button where you can see how the post would look once posted in phone, tablet or desktop.

- There is a Spoiler button to highlight part of your text as spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler Alert!!!

- More tools on the toolbar when writing a topic. Check them out!

- You can now choose to ignore notifications for being mentioned in posts by particular users.

- You can now filter searches by specific forums/categories.

- The filter dropdowns now have an "Apply" button for better usability (previously you had to click outside the dropdown).

- Hitting back from a clicked item in any activity stream now remembers your position and loaded results.

Other enhancements and improvements.

Let me know if you have any questions!!

The system is indexing all the post so the search is not working temporarily!

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, HectorSRCVINYL said:

What do you mean?

so when im at the home page of VC, the right category that says "Topics", that used to only update when there was a new thread made but now its showing threads that were created in 2013 and 2015 along with the one you just created.

edit: so it looks like the "topics" section changes every time someone comments in a thread instead of showing only new threads being made.

Edited by KingTacoMunster

1 minute ago, KingTacoMunster said:

so when im at the home page of VC, the right category that says "Topics", that used to update when there were new threads made but now its saying threads that were created in 2013 and 2015 along with the one you just created.

Well those old threads got people responding to them now. The list is made of the 5 last updated post not the last 5 created. I can configure it to go by creation date. I never heard of this being a problem before. I will consider your suggestion though Thanks

2 minutes ago, HectorSRCVINYL said:

Well those old threads got people responding to them now. The list is made of the 5 last updated post not the last 5 created. I can configure it to go by creation date. I never heard of this being a problem before. I will consider your suggestion though Thanks

but it used to be the last 5 created...the way it is now, will be harder to tell new threads that are being made, more importantly harder to tell when a new PO is up.

1 minute ago, KingTacoMunster said:

but it used to be the last 5 created...the way it is now, will be harder to tell new threads that are being made, more importantly harder to tell when a new PO is up.

Good point. I made it go by creation date and made it 8.
I will keep an eye on it.

Any chance we can go back to optional "edited by" when we edit a post? Now they often clutter up posts and it would be great to be able to remove them.

Also, is there no advanced search on the new board? Scratch that, I was thinking of "search in this thread". Is that gone?

Edited by slinch

3 minutes ago, slinch said:

Any chance we can go back to optional "edited by" when we edit a post? Now they often clutter up posts and it would be great to be able to remove them.

Also, is there no advanced search on the new board?

1- Will look into it, gotta get that approved first.

2 - The system is indexing all the post so the search is not working temporarily!

1 hour ago, futures said:

is there a way to consolidate all of the pinned posts? it's getting kinda out of hand.

its nitpicky, but a lot of the prominent PO threads are falling to the back pages quicker bc of the evergrowing pinned threads.

Sorry you cant group them but I removed all my old pins except this one. I cant make any judgement on the other stuff pinned, Thats up to the Mods

6 hours ago, HectorSRCVINYL said:

Thank you all for the feedback

2 hours ago, Dub said:

Trying to log in on my laptop and I keep getting redirected to "complete my profile" screen.  It won't let me log in.  Any idea what the deal with that is?

I need help with this too. I can't log-in or even browse on PC. I'm still logged in on my tablet.