Whats New on VC

9 minutes ago, dnl said:

The feedback option is still available. You need to view someone's feedback page and there will be a box on the left to add feedback.

Yeah, this issue isn't with FINDING how to leave feedback, but with actually leaving feedback. No matter what you do, when you fill out ALL the fields, it comes back with this error each time. 

78fnIcS.png

22 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Yeah, this issue isn't with FINDING how to leave feedback, but with actually leaving feedback. No matter what you do, when you fill out ALL the fields, it comes back with this error each time. 

78fnIcS.png

I got ya. I don't use the mobile site very often, but I have had no problem leaving feedback on the desktop site.

47 minutes ago, dnl said:

I got ya. I don't use the mobile site very often, but I have had no problem leaving feedback on the desktop site.

I tried on desktop the other day as well, no luck. 

Yep, just tried it. It's not working. It did, and now it doesn't.

Edited by THE_James_Champ

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2016 at 3:40 PM, THE_James_Champ said:

78fnIcS.png

Hi

The field that gives you the error is the Topic. You are supposed to type out the name of the thread and it will start showing up results then click on the correct one.

Are you maybe trying to paste the link to the thread there?

I just tested it on mobile and desktop and it works.

Let me know.

The font used to be good old 'Helvetica' But unfortunately we found out that in some browsers/computers Helvetica sometimes might not be found so It would load something else.

We changed the font to 'Lato' which is free and we load from Google Fonts onto the page so its always there for everybody.

1 minute ago, HectorSRCVINYL said:

Hi

The field that gives you the error is the Topic. You are supposed to type out the name of the thread and it will start showing up results then click on the correct one.

Are you maybe trying to paste the link to the thread there?

I just tested it on mobile and desktop and it works.

Let me know.

it would have been nice to know if that's what change occurred, because prior to this, it was copy/paste. 

4 minutes ago, HectorSRCVINYL said:

The font used to be good old 'Helvetica' But unfortunately we found out that in some browsers/computers Helvetica sometimes might not be found so It would load something else.

We changed the font to 'Lato' which is free and we load from Google Fonts onto the page so its always there for everybody.

Yeah and the font that it defaulted to was Arial. Which was fine and legible. If we can change the font to Arial in our replies, why can't it be the forum's default?

@THE_James_Champ It was always supposed to be like that.

Some older feedbacks don't link to the thread properly because of pasting the link.

We got an update for the trader feedback from its developer they probably Fixed the bug that allowed you to just paste the link directly.

I should've communicated that,  sorry.

that is not helpful.
this Lato font is legitimately hard to read and it's compounded by the fact that we still can't change the size of the font to even try to make it easier to see. also nobody complained before you changed it lol, so i'd assume that everyone liked the way it was before.

10 minutes ago, futures said:

that is not helpful.
this Lato font is legitimately hard to read and it's compounded by the fact that we still can't change the size of the font to even try to make it easier to see. also nobody complained before you changed it lol, so i'd assume that everyone liked the way it was before.

Just like the feedback. Or change it and not tell anyone. 

3 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

For some reason posts are getting repeated within one post. Kind of like the old double post problem but jamming the same text twice into one post. I'd quote one but I don't internet that hard.

My guess is it's their current way of "fixing" the double-post issue.  I'm thinking when posts repeat themselves in a single post, it was initially going to be a double post.  At least now we can go back and edit/delete the repeated text.

Edited by FiggyPuddling

2 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

My guess is it's their current way of "fixing" the double-post issue.  I'm thinking when posts repeat themselves in a single post, it was initially going to be a double post.  At least now we can go back and edit/delete the repeated text.

Yeah I get that. It's obviously preferable to the double and triple posts we were seeing and it seems to happen a lot less frequently so it's a step in the right direction for sure but I figured because it is infrequent a mod may not have seen it at all.

1 hour ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Yeah I get that. It's obviously preferable to the double and triple posts we were seeing and it seems to happen a lot less frequently so it's a step in the right direction for sure but I figured because it is infrequent a mod may not have seen it at all

Happened to me before. Three in one post. Seems like they can't get anything right.

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2016 at 0:16 PM, HectorSRCVINYL said:

@THE_James_Champ It was always supposed to be like that.

Some older feedbacks don't link to the thread properly because of pasting the link.

We got an update for the trader feedback from its developer they probably Fixed the bug that allowed you to just paste the link directly.

I should've communicated that,  sorry.

Hector, would you consider posting a pinned thread on How To Leave Feedback with this new version, including Screenshots? It does work, but I wasted an hour trying  figure it out, until I finally got it from a lucky break (admitted tech idiot here).

The two main things, is on the general page on "Feedback" click there (don't go to the individual's profile page like you used to)

There will be a Black Box "Add Feedback" in the upper right hand corner.

That will bring you to the Leave Feedback page.

You have to type in the user name until you find a Drop Down option to click. That's a big change.

The other thing is you just can't copy and paste the URL for the "Topic" anymore. You have to start typing the Topic title EXACTLY as it is written, and you'll start getting Drop Down choices to choose from, and hopefully you can find it there and select it.

Once I figured those things out, it's not too difficult, but leaving feedback here is much more difficult than ebay or discogs for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone enjoying the new ads that autoplay sound?

It's really convenient when I'm at work.

I mean, I'd leave VC open in a tab but worry about if I was missing a good ad.

Now I know when there's a good add BECAUSE IT STARTS MAKING FUCKING NOISE!

Edited by Metal Mike