Whats New on VC

On 12/7/2016 at 9:02 AM, Metal Mike said:

Is anyone enjoying the new ads that autoplay sound?

It's really convenient when I'm at work.

I mean, I'd leave VC open in a tab but worry about if I was missing a good ad.

Now I know when there's a good add BECAUSE IT STARTS MAKING FUCKING NOISE!

on chrome you can mute a tab by right clicking.

not saying this is ok, bc that sucks lol

• 2 months later...

Maybe this has been covered, but is anyone else having issues with quoting and posting?  Like, if I hit the quote button on another user's comment, it automatically puts the quote in my reply.  Great, this is fantastic and convenient.  But now I decided I don't want to quote the other user, either because it's not necessary, or I accidentally clicked the wrong comment... How in the everloving fuck do I get rid of it?  I've gotten frustrated, left the site, not posted for weeks, then I come back, try to post in the same thread and the conversation has moved on from what I was originally quoting, and the quote is STILL FUCKING THERE IN MY REPLY.  I go try it on a different computer, and it's STILL FUCKING THERE because it's apparently tied to my username.  How the hell do I get rid of this shit???

9 hours ago, dandw12786 said:

Maybe this has been covered, but is anyone else having issues with quoting and posting?  Like, if I hit the quote button on another user's comment, it automatically puts the quote in my reply.  Great, this is fantastic and convenient.  But now I decided I don't want to quote the other user, either because it's not necessary, or I accidentally clicked the wrong comment... How in the everloving fuck do I get rid of it?  I've gotten frustrated, left the site, not posted for weeks, then I come back, try to post in the same thread and the conversation has moved on from what I was originally quoting, and the quote is STILL FUCKING THERE IN MY REPLY.  I go try it on a different computer, and it's STILL FUCKING THERE because it's apparently tied to my username.  How the hell do I get rid of this shit???

Click on the actual quote box and hit delete.

1 hour ago, Shlebs said:

I've always wondered why people couldn't figure this out but I just preferred to watch them struggle.

Same.  On mobile it's a little picky, but I just alternate taps between my left thumb on the corner of the box and my right thumb on the backspace key.  Disappears in a half second.  I've almost posted that suggestion but I think I'm one of the last people still using an iPhone / not using Chrome at home, so I don't want to give bad info that only works for me.  Plus, like you said – the struggle is real.  And pretty amusing.

• 6 months later...