Secret Santa 2016 - The Unisex Edition

13 hours ago, Green Tea Papi said:

I'm so glad you like it!!! Sorry I couldn't give mix CDs I don't have a disc drive on my laptop, also sorry about the box size it was the only one I could fit everything into!!

dude, it's cool! I appreciate everything I got. You did great.

Thanks again

I received a box from Amazon today.  I opened it thinking it was the last of my xmas shopping, but there was curator stuff in there instead!  I actually texted my mom and girlfriend asking if they ordered something through Prime and sent it in my name/address, but they didn't.  I looked around for a packing slip, message, etc. and found this...

15492473_10153942460076401_3781341240033

This was sent by none other than...na na na na na na na na..  @batman!!

15420777_10153942483961401_5341109922162

Thanks so much Batman!  I love The Menzingers and for some reason I didn't own this album.  I'm actually going to see them this weekend in Scranton for their annual holiday show.  @shadowkid33 are you going again this year?!

I'm psyched to check out the Bukowski book.  I have two of his books and this one is full of poems throughout his life.  It's a big one too!

Last, but not least.. awesome job on the Please Kill Me book!  I have the older edition, but they just released this 20th anniversary edition which I really wanted, but didn't want to re-buy!

Thanks again Batman and hope you have a great holiday this year!

51 minutes ago, curator said:

I received a box from Amazon today.  I opened it thinking it was the last of my xmas shopping, but there was curator stuff in there instead!  I actually texted my mom and girlfriend asking if they ordered something through Prime and sent it in my name/address, but they didn't.  I looked around for a packing slip, message, etc. and found this...

15492473_10153942460076401_3781341240033

This was sent by none other than...na na na na na na na na..  @batman!!

15420777_10153942483961401_5341109922162

Thanks so much Batman!  I love The Menzingers and for some reason I didn't own this album.  I'm actually going to see them this weekend in Scranton for their annual holiday show.  @shadowkid33 are you going again this year?!

I'm psyched to check out the Bukowski book.  I have two of his books and this one is full of poems throughout his life.  It's a big one too!

Last, but not least.. awesome job on the Please Kill Me book!  I have the older edition, but they just released this 20th anniversary edition which I really wanted, but didn't want to re-buy!

Thanks again Batman and hope you have a great holiday this year!

Awesome! Your wantlist was intimidating!! but you name-dropped The Menzingers in your post and I saw you had a few holes. That Bukowski book is one of my favorite collections so I was glad to find a paperback version. And I guessed on the other book that with the pub date being only a few months ago that you wouldn't have it. Didn't realize it was a re-issue, so I'm glad you actually wanted to have that. Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!!

1 hour ago, curator said:

I wish! I'm playing a show on the same day down by where I live though so I can't make it. :( I'd rather go to the Holiday show honestly, but I booked my gig before they announced the date. I might sneak out of my show early and see Loone in Philly though - and I'm seeing Menzingers acoustic at Vintage Vinyl in February so it all works out in the end.

Edited by shadowkid33

On 12/12/2016 at 0:05 PM, kforkevin777 said:

Really glad you liked Everything! I knew you'd like the Requiem OST, but wasn't sure about the book or the other records. That Like Rats and Handsome stuff was stuff I got from this last year. I spun it a few times and thought someone who's more into that style of music could appreciate it, with the Like Rats at least.  I'm stoked you liked a lot of it! Have a great Christmas!

man, so stoked for everything you sent me. seriously, super awesome. that book is great. i just flipped through most of it. really need to sit down and enjoy it thoroughly, but yeah that Like Rats 7" is pretty damn awesome. thanks again man!

So yesterday I got a package..  All i can say is thank you.. I loved it.. 

I received several 7"s, and a CD. 2 band i never heard, but i enjoy local bands from other cities, so that's a plus. Will be listening to them shortly.

I also received a ICARE for vaping. Which couldn't come at a better time.  We ran out at work before i could buy one, so i'll be using mine shortly as soon as i can get a  higher concentration of nicotine juices (today got some berry lemonade)

I also received some chocolate brittle but that didn't last more than 10 minutes. how anyone can know i loved that stuff like crack is beyond me because i never listed it. It was literally opened and was eating it as i checked out the stuff inside the box. Stuff was so good. 

So from the bottom of my cold dead heart... THANK YOU!!!!

Thanks Ianmonsta!!!! I really appreciate it!!!!31496756131_18ef15d991_z.jpg

45 minutes ago, controlthebleeding said:

So yesterday I got a package..  All i can say is thank you.. I loved it.. 

I received several 7"s, and a CD. 2 band i never heard, but i enjoy local bands from other cities, so that's a plus. Will be listening to them shortly.

I also received a ICARE for vaping. Which couldn't come at a better time.  We ran out at work before i could buy one, so i'll be using mine shortly as soon as i can get a  higher concentration of nicotine juices (today got some berry lemonade)

I also received some chocolate brittle but that didn't last more than 10 minutes. how anyone can know i loved that stuff like crack is beyond me because i never listed it. It was literally opened and was eating it as i checked out the stuff inside the box. Stuff was so good. 

So from the bottom of my cold dead heart... THANK YOU!!!!

Thanks Ianmonsta!!!! I really appreciate it!!!!31496756131_18ef15d991_z.jpg

Awesome! Im glad you enjoyed it! I thought that vape was pretty nifty when we got it in so I was hoping you would too.

Brownie Brittle is the best.

22 hours ago, chkadea said:

Guys, how about we pull this all together and have someone open a present every day from now until Christmas? 12 days of happy! Yay!

Good plan! Would totally open mine since I'm traveling for the holidays...but still no package. I'm enjoying seeing these though! Good stuff. 

23 hours ago, chkadea said:

Guys, how about we pull this all together and have someone open a present every day from now until Christmas? 12 days of happy! Yay!

Accepted.

Here is the before pic, which we already established was graciously send by chkadea. This was out of control.

2016_VCSS_Before_zpszmug2dh6.jpg 

The after....

2016_VCSS_After_zps4t0vycxs.jpg

Whores - Gold 12" - Gold/Purple Swirl --- I have heard good things about this record, but had not listened to before. It rules. I really dig it. I think it might be sold out at the moment. Thus, glad i am glad to have a copy. Thanks!

UXO - S/T 12" - White --- This is the new band by Chris and and Steve from Unsane and Today is the Day, respectively.  It is also loud, abrasive and good.

Coquettish - Total Pops Madness 7" - Tests Press --- This is from a japanese ska punk band. I was unfamiliar with them. Will have to give this some spins.

Andes Peppermint Crunch Thins --- I love peppermint bark. I am crushing them as I type.

The Emerald Mile --- It says the story is epic and looks intriguing. Next on my list.

Star Wars Lego Wookie Gunship --- After typing this out I am going to put it together. I love me some star wars. I am actually listening to the Catalyst book (Rouge One Prequel) as i type. 

Broomstick Strawberry Gunpowder Green Tea --- My wife was eyeing this up. She is a tea junkie. I hope to get a cup in soon.

Sun art paper --- Looks fun. I hope to send some friends my sun burned bird.

Ren & Stimpy comic --- Always a good time. Nothing beats the episode where Stimpy loses his fart.

Camping Clothes Line --- This looks useful. I plan to try it out once we thaw out.

Swedish Dish Cloth -- I do a lot of dishes. My wife does few. I will put this to good use.

Moosey X-mas Ornaments --- Already on the tree.

2 CD mixes --- Some sweet tunes on here: Bad Brains, Tom Waits, Murder by Death, Robert Johnson, Lera Lynn, Joy Division, etc.

It goes without saying, chkadea did an awesome job. Thank you so much!! In appreciation here is another pic of the foster kitties.

Kitties_zpsatyjpdbb.jpg

Super happy to see you enjoyed it all @deadreckoning :D I had a lot of fun trying to figure out what all seemed up your alley, but also surprising as well! Merry Christmas!

To top it off, we got the present of seeing extra cute kittens, so I consider this an extra win for all of us. High five, cuties.

I got my package a while ago, but just opened yesterday - what an amazingly thoughtful and giving person @curator is! I'll share the picture later, but he really nailed it...so much so that I used the Alamo Drafthouse giftcard last night for 'Rogue One'. 

Yo @llamaface! You absolute killed it my friend. I have detailed everything below. It was a wonderful Sunday surprise! I cannot express how thankful I am. Have a wonderful holiday and Merry Xmas to you and your family! 

Please read/view people! 

http://imgur.com/a/A7N64

Edited by ajhall04
Fixed link.

6 hours ago, ajhall04 said:

Yo @llamaface! You absolute killed it my friend. I have detailed everything below. It was a wonderful Sunday surprise! I cannot express how thankful I am. Have a wonderful holiday and Merry Xmas to you and your family! 

Please read/view people! 

That Rodney On The Rocks album is awesome.

7 hours ago, ajhall04 said:

Please read/view people! 

Damn. Fantastic job @llamaface!

On 12/18/2016 at 9:57 AM, ajhall04 said:

Please read/view people! 

Whoa, Sunday delivery! I was expecting it to be there today! Well, I'm stoked to see you're excited about everything and I'm glad it reached you safely! Enjoy! Merry Christmas!

3 hours ago, controlthebleeding said:

Ok people, you might want to start posting your pics... c'mon!!!!

seconding this!

although I am one of the assholes waiting until xmas to open mine haha. but I want to live vicariously through all your awesome gifts in the meantime :D

Got my gift last night and it's perfect :) I'm having trouble figuring out who my santa was. The only clues I could tell were from Ohio and they really love Bob Segar (i'm stoked to give that a spin).

My guesses are either @jacobe or @scottheisel, either way thank you so much I love everything in it.

WvM664G.jpg

6 hours ago, ianmonsta said:

Got my gift last night and it's perfect :) I'm having trouble figuring out who my santa was. The only clues I could tell were from Ohio and they really love Bob Segar (i'm stoked to give that a spin).

My guesses are either @jacobe or @scottheisel, either way thank you so much I love everything in it.

WvM664G.jpg

Not me, but I want that Lucero record!

Soooo I received my SS a few weeks ago but I got into a crazy accident that left me with a totaled car and a bunch of back and forth with my insurance.
 BUT! Everything is good now, thankfully and let me just say...you KILLED IT, Secret Santa!

Pearl Jam - Live at Third Man Records (W bonus 7", a patch, photo book and lapel pin)

Dustin Kensrue - More Thoughts That Float On A Different Blood

Dave Eggers Photography book (which is GREAT)

Del Boca Vista (SEINFELD!!!!!) Shirt, which I have worn numerous times already!

I have no idea who got me, I apologize, but seriously: THANK YOU. This was such an amazing package, Secret Santa!

fOTOGA0.jpg

• jhulud unpinned this topic