Secret Santa 2016 - The Unisex Edition

On 11/6/2016 at 4:17 PM, curator said:

How is everyone coming along?  I'm all done.. just have to add some bubble wrap to my box and ship it off by Tuesday (after I vote.. hint hint).

Got all my stuff last week, gotta get it out sometime this week and I'm golden!

My gift showed up in the mail today though! Waiting to open until more people start to get theirs but I probably won't make it all the way until Christmas, haha.

I got my gift today, and being an impatient bastard, in addition to my birthday being next week, I had to open it. I got some seriously bad ass stuff!

First up: this massive Justice League poster, with art by the always awesome Bryan Hitch

uYLjEshh.jpg

Next up, we have a full set of rings belonging to all of the Lantern Corps on the emotional spectrum, and an additional Legion ring.

Ym6IGlXh.jpg

Then we have this very cool stack of comics: 

aTBJDrTh.jpg

Then an awesome Lego ship that I will build and display on my desk at work, and a horror movie my Secret Santa says is one of his faves, I've never seen it, but I'm going to watch it this weekend!

SD41hPJh.jpg

And last, but not least, some vinyl. I am unfamiliar with the Ninja Gun EP, so I'm looking forward to giving that a spin, and as for the Elliot Smith, I'm so glad I DIDN'T buy it for myself like I was going to a few months ago. 

HD4wEa2h.jpg

And as for WHO my secret Santa is. The signs we TELLTALE, as I soon discovered myself drinking a Slurm and hailing the Hypnotoad. I have to thank you, @roadmonkey, this stuff is fantastic.

Edited by THE_James_Champ

6 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

And as for WHO my secret Santa is. The signs we TELLTALE, as I soon discovered myself drinking a Slurm and hailing the Hypnotoad. I have to thank you, @roadmonkey, this stuff is fantastic.

Awesome! It came a day early! LOL I'm glad you like it all, and really hope you enjoy everything! I was really considering holding on to that aquaman V Lobo comic, cause Lobo is the fucking Man! Possibly my favorite character along the lines of the snarky smartassses who are also badasses. You'll have to let me know how it is. Also yeah, everyone needs to watch Timecrimes. :) 

Also Happy Birthday!!

Edited by roadmonkey

Wife said I have a package from my SS... I'm out of town up in Chicago until Friday. Probably going to hold off opening til December at the earliest if I can keep myself from tearing into it when I get home haha. 

Also need to say that my package out will be delayed. This work trip snuck up on me and I haven't put anything together yet. I have a few ideas. Will definitely be there before Christmas. :) 

I caved and opened it and holy crap! What an amazing and thoughtful haul.

vWvHLnu.jpg

JgMsgFI.jpg

Four Year Strong - Rise or Die Trying (I've been meaning to order this!)

Funko Dorbz Stan Lee

Funko Batman Mug

Funko POP Leaping Deadpool

Funko Star Wars Shirt

Storm Trooper Ornament

And the shirt fits perfectly ;)

IotOF8L.jpg

It also came with a letter with some clues and it was easy to figure out my Santa was @himynameisShane! Thank you so much!!!

2 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

I caved and opened it and holy crap! What an amazing and thoughtful haul.

vWvHLnu.jpg

JgMsgFI.jpg

Four Year Strong - Rise or Die Trying (I've been meaning to order this!)

Funko Dorbz Stan Lee

Funko Batman Mug

Funko POP Leaping Deadpool

Funko Star Wars Shirt

Storm Trooper Ornament

And the shirt fits perfectly ;)

IotOF8L.jpg

It also came with a letter with some clues and it was easy to figure out my Santa was @himynameisShane! Thank you so much!!!

I'm glad you liked everything! It was so fun shopping for you because I got to buy you stuff that I would like! It was like shopping for myself! Haha. Hope you enjoy the pops and stuff. Couldn't tell what you did and didn't have so I just went out on a limb!

Alright! I got my package in Monday! I'm impatient so I ripped it open. I'm assuming my Secret Santa is ajhall/Andrew, and if so, you did awesome! Sorry for the lack of pictures. The stuff is already scattered around my apartment and I suck.

1. Dance Gavin Dance - Mothership on vinyl. This is literally the best thing you could have gotten me. I've been listening to this album daily for a month and a half now and just saw them live last month. I just haven't had the money to pick up the LP yet. Super stoked on this.

2. Into it. Over it.'s Proper on vinyl. A super rad variant too! This is definitely my favorite album by Evan in general and I'm glad to finally have it!

3. A record I've never heard of but am stoked to listen to

4. A 5(?)" that I didn't recognize. Again, super excited to check it out.

5. A CD from a band I'd never heard of but the art looked really cool! Gonna listen to it soon!

6. Some rad vinyl themed coasters. I actually really needed coasters!

7. A couple cool little prints. Not sure where most of them are from but they're rad either way. There was also what seemed to be an Annuals tour poster from a show and I love Annuals.

8. A bunch of assorted stickers, pins and a cool little print set.

Probably the coolest thing about this all was the packaging. Holy shit so much work was put into it. The record I had never heard before was wrapped in Christmas paper, then there was a mailer wrapped in Christmas paper, then inside the mailer was two more records, the ones I did know, wrapped in Christmas paper. And Christmas paper was used to stuff the box so it didn't get knocked around everywhere. Super duper impressive. I wish I could show it off, but I'm like a kid when I open things, so it didn't last long.

It was an awesome package, man! Thanks a lot!

6 hours ago, kforkevin777 said:

Alright! I got my package in Monday! I'm impatient so I ripped it open. I'm assuming my Secret Santa is ajhall/Andrew, and if so, you did awesome! Sorry for the lack of pictures. The stuff is already scattered around my apartment and I suck.

1. Dance Gavin Dance - Mothership on vinyl. This is literally the best thing you could have gotten me. I've been listening to this album daily for a month and a half now and just saw them live last month. I just haven't had the money to pick up the LP yet. Super stoked on this.

2. Into it. Over it.'s Proper on vinyl. A super rad variant too! This is definitely my favorite album by Evan in general and I'm glad to finally have it!

3. A record I've never heard of but am stoked to listen to

4. A 5(?)" that I didn't recognize. Again, super excited to check it out.

5. A CD from a band I'd never heard of but the art looked really cool! Gonna listen to it soon!

6. Some rad vinyl themed coasters. I actually really needed coasters!

7. A couple cool little prints. Not sure where most of them are from but they're rad either way. There was also what seemed to be an Annuals tour poster from a show and I love Annuals.

8. A bunch of assorted stickers, pins and a cool little print set.

Probably the coolest thing about this all was the packaging. Holy shit so much work was put into it. The record I had never heard before was wrapped in Christmas paper, then there was a mailer wrapped in Christmas paper, then inside the mailer was two more records, the ones I did know, wrapped in Christmas paper. And Christmas paper was used to stuff the box so it didn't get knocked around everywhere. Super duper impressive. I wish I could show it off, but I'm like a kid when I open things, so it didn't last long.

It was an awesome package, man! Thanks a lot!

You're welcome! Enjoy! You should really take pictures though! It's required! Haha. Many of us put forth some pretty awesome effort and it gets everyone pumped for theirs. Also, I included some nunchucks in there as well...you know, in case anyone comes near your records you don't approve. 

Merry xmas. 

Edit: those prints and posters are all local to North Carolina. They are shows I attended. And I did see you like the Annuals. I dig them as well. My wife's band used to open for those dudes before they branched out. Glad you enjoy everything. 

Edited by ajhall04

Wow, how could I forgot about the nunchucks! Probably because it was quite late. Haha. They're still sitting on my coffee table actually. I wanna hang them up or something. I sat there laughing for a minute when I saw those at the bottom of the box. I'll try and get some pictures up soon. That's really rad that your wife's band used to open for Annuals. I randomly found them through a split they did with Manchester Orchestra and I really dig them. Thanks again!

Because I have zero self control... Opened up my package as soon as I got home from my business trip haha.

Back on Top by The Front Bottoms (excited to check this out! heard of the band but have never listened)

Eluvium/Jesu Split (finally. been putting off buying this one for so long, glad to finally have it)

Phoenix Xmas 7" (as a big bill murray & jason schwartzman fan, this is awesome!)

Cowboy Bebop the Movie (never watched this!)

and a stuffed soot sprite!!!

Yl7PwHr.jpg

Thank you so much Santa!!! From the clues I'm going to guess that you are @billya If I'm wrong, I'm sorry, it's been a long ass week haha.

• jhulud unpinned this topic