PO (NOW) - Pray For Sound "Everything Is Beautiful"

On 9/24/2016 at 0:49 AM, mrewest said:

I do feel like I'm always trying to like this band more than I actually do though.

To my ears, they are not bad, but nothing stands out as unique or worthy of owning vinyl. Certainly better than 98% of the musical universe, but... milquetoast postrock 3-4/10.

How did Lost In Kiev get dragged into a Pray For Sound thread??? Except to say there is a polarity of like vs dislike of the music by postrock fans, which is the total subjectivity of muscial taste to begin with.

I don't see them anywhere near each other in the postrock spectrum re: sound.

Nuit Noire has reached 8.5/10 for sure, while pg.lost has sort of stalled around 7.5-8/10.  This is about my threshold for purchasing vinyl in the past couple of years.

2 hours ago, drds89 said:

To my ears, they are not bad, but nothing stands out as unique or worthy of owning vinyl. Certainly better than 98% of the musical universe, but... milquetoast postrock 3-4/10.

How did Lost In Kiev get dragged into a Pray For Sound thread??? Except to say there is a polarity of like vs dislike of the music by postrock fans, which is the total subjectivity of muscial taste to begin with.

Nuit Noire has reached 8.5/10 for sure, while pg.lost has sort of stalled around 7.5-8/10.  This is about my threshold for purchasing vinyl in the past couple of years.

I agree with you 110%. Been saying this all along. 

2 hours ago, drds89 said:

Yeah I gotta go back and re-play Versus because I kind of regret dropping so much money on that crazy variant.  It looks so cool, but the music just doesn't do it for me the way their other stuff does.  I replayed those all in the car in the last week or 2 because I do a lot of driving to my girlfriend in Poughkeepsie and man, In Never Out, Yes I Am, and Key are just SO FUCKING GOOD.  It's ridiculous. 

But this Pray For Sound album is easily 8.5/10 or higher for me.  Loads of replay value, so many parts get stuck in my head.  Band is incredible.  A little dry and sterile in the production, but I can live with that because of the catchiness of the music. 

• 4 weeks later...