Isis (theband) - a discussion

15 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Probably why I'm enjoying the album as much as I am, to be honest.

I think you just enjoy being the anti-me, haha.  Some bands though it took me a long time to get.  Pet Slimmers is one.  I fucking love that band now, but at first I had a very lukewarm reaction to them, due to them sounding so much like Isis but not having Aaron's vocals over it haha.  

Same thing with "Departure Songs" by We Lost The Sea.  That album took a very long time for me to "get".  It happens sometimes.  Some things hit me instantly, like Pray For Sound's "Monophonic" did, and This Patch of Sky's "Newly Risen".  

3 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I think you just enjoy being the anti-me, haha.  Some bands though it took me a long time to get.  Pet Slimmers is one.  I fucking love that band now, but at first I had a very lukewarm reaction to them, due to them sounding so much like Isis but not having Aaron's vocals over it haha.  

Let's not rule out the possibility that it is you who perhaps relishes in everything that's anti-me.  We're in this thing together.

1 hour ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I'd like to hear more.  This newer tune didn't really grab me that much.  The tone is there; lots of crushing guitar sounds.  Maybe I need more listens.  

Spun "Mosquito Control" today before I left for class though.  That shit holds up so well.  It's so gnarly and so raunchy.  Life Under The Swatter, man.  

Life Under the Swatter is great... I will have to go back and spin it again. It's been a bit. 

11 hours ago, Sasan said:

OK, will check out the record then... :)

You talking about "Mosquito Control" or something else?

7 hours ago, jhulud said:

ISIS = I celebrate their entire catalog.

Yeah, this is basically me.  The only thing that I don't love is The Red Sea, it's just a little too weird for my taste, although Catalyst is fucking awesome.  

• 2 months later...
Just now, DOMAN127 said:

Wow, that is gorgeous.

Can't confirm if that's the only variant or not, but it's enough to get me to pick up another copy despite there being zero issue with any of the ones I currently own.  Was kind of hoping the variants wouldn't be anything to turn heads this time around, but I'm happy to see other people will have the opportunity to finally own this gem of a record on such a nice colorway.

Just now, Derek™ said:

Can't confirm if that's the only variant or not, but it's enough to get me to pick up another copy despite there being zero issue with any of the ones I currently own.  Was kind of hoping the variants wouldn't be anything to turn heads this time around, but I'm happy to see other people will have the opportunity to finally own this gem of a record on such a nice colorway.

where did you get the image from? I searched ad couldn't find it